How come Eminem is so popular in Africa?

facebook

Rookie
Daps
EYz7ztKVAAABSn5

mr.africa

Veteran
Daps
-coloreds love him
-white 'africans'
-and the dr.dre effect. he told black people that eminem's a good cac
-and also, some people like his music (for some reason).first 3 albums was it for me personally,rest is garbage
-american/european press keeps telling us how great he is (the machine is still busy working overrtime for this cac)

i'm not speaking for all africans, but as an african living in the southern region of africa, this is what i have witnessed down here.

:manny:i don't stream music so what do i know

inndaskKy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Northern Africa (Marocco, Algiers, Egypt) is influenced by European tastes a lot. Europe = cac continent. 1 + 1 = 2.

frush11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
By looking at that list North, and Southern Africa has a huge impact on this outcome.

West and Central Africa ain't rocking with no Post, Billie Ellish, Eminem, or most of that stuff on there.

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
Eminem was also the most successful artist in the US 2010-2019, people including me were definitely expecting Drake or something.

So one thing you have to consider is that, 1. It’s the machine they exist in the same constellation as here, 2. He’s globally the most successful 3. Africa is like 53 countries with a million languages, so the major languages shall top

most importantly
5. The skewness of streaming services in Africa. Who are the people with streaming services? Seeing an Arab as #1 And see real other Arabs, but no Davido, you could assume that this is mainly like Algeria/Morocco/Egypt. Deezer is a French service, perhaps this is what is hot in the Arab French colonies but not sub-Sahara.

Last edited: