How come Ginuwine didn't become a bigger star?

Daps
I look back at Ginuwine in his prime and I seriously don't understand why he didn't become a bigger star. He made good music for the most part. He had all the intangibles to be as big of a star as Usher. He was probably equally talented and he had sex appeal. I was thinking that maybe it was him having a good portion of his music revolve around sex, but then I thought well usher basically did the same thing and that's going back to his debut album.

So what did he do wrong that Usher did right?

TheRtist

Superstar
Daps
I look back at Ginuwine in his prime and I seriously don't understand why he didn't become a bigger star. He made good music for the most part. He had all the intangibles to be as big of a star as Usher. He was probably equally talented and he had sex appeal. I was thinking that maybe it was him having a good portion of his music revolve around sex, but then I thought well usher basically did the same thing and that's going back to his debut album.

So what did he do wrong that Usher did right?

simple. he did drugs.

plus he was already 30+ at his peak. Usher was a legit child star.

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
yeah, he was a grown man already.

You had to be a younger dude or already be established like R. Kelly, Luther, Babyface, Gerald Levert etc.

But don't be fooled, Ginuwine was a big star. His first two abums both went 2x platinum.

He didn't fall off until his music did, which was after the 2nd album

Daps
He was huge what are you taking about?

Ginuwine was a huge star. The fukk kinda thread is this?

I never said he wasn't a star. I wanted to know why he wasn't bigger star. I felt like he could have reached usher level stardom wise. He was probably just as talented.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
I never said he wasn't a star. I wanted to know why he wasn't bigger star. I felt like he could have reached usher level stardom wise. He was probably just as talented.
He was more talented than Usher being that he's more than likely directly influential to Usher dancing in his videos and he wrote a lot of his own hits.