How come nikkaz4life don't ever get compared to other classic Hip Hop albums of the 90's?

O.Red

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Production wise it's a masterpiece.

If Cube was still there it coulda been the GOAT album.
This.

Only Dre production topping this is The Chronic imo

But you could also argue that this is the last album Dre actually completely did the beats on so it's possibly the GOAT Dr Dre producer album

O.Red

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
One of the most underratedly cinematic albums ever released btw

Palm Tree's & Blunts

Big timah timah
Daps
This.

Only Dre production topping this is The Chronic imo

But you could also argue that this is the last album Dre actually completely did the beats on so it's possibly the GOAT Dr Dre producer album

I don't think enough credit goes to yella. He played a lot in the mixing and samples. Not taking anything away from dre though.

Palm Tree's & Blunts

Big timah timah
Daps
If this is true I can admit I didn't know that myself

I think a lot of people weren't sure what his role in NWA was, but yella was on the boards. Digging in the crates for samples and what not. Him and dre were a good combination.

Big Mel

@bigboss
Daps
Reppin
Flodge free zone
At the time I thought the beats were even trash. My ears weren't programmed to be receptive to the early G Funk high pitched synthesizer shyt. It took the Chronic phenomenon for me to be able to go back and recognize the quality of the beat work on Efil4zagin.

But by then it was too little to late.

I never, ever play this album. Ever.

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
I was 18 when this album came out and had much higher expectations than what I got from the album, don't get me wrong there were some brilliant tracks like 'Always Into Something' but for as great the production was, without Ice Cube to keep things grounded lyrically it became a rather embarrassing caricature of what a gansta rap album was supposed to be, especially when that same year Ice-T dropped original gangsta, and Ice dropped Death Certificate which are better overall works.

Bugsmoran

Double HipHop O.G.
Daps
I was 18 when this album came out and had much higher expectations than what I got from the album, don't get me wrong there were some brilliant tracks like 'Always Into Something' but for as great the production was, without Ice Cube to keep things grounded lyrically it became a rather embarrassing caricature of what a gansta rap album was supposed to be, especially when that same year Ice-T dropped original gangsta, and Ice dropped Death Certificate which are better overall works.
Did u like the Geto Boys at the time?