How come there's no smoke for Marianne Williamson's flawed reparation proposal?

you're NOT "n!ggas"

FKA ciroq drobama
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Astronomy (8th light)
Somebody like Talib Kweli could say "I support reparations but want a plan" and the choppers come out the woodwork :bustback: but he's just a rapper :heh: That opinion isn't going anywhere.

Meanwhile... Marianne Williamson, as an actual candidate for president, can propose a FRACTION of what's owed, be corrected on it, and months later still push the same amount and it's all love and respect cuz she put it in a commercial. :wtf: :patrice:

She's setting a cap on all reparations discussions in politics by the way :ufdup: You can thank her when the discussion of trillions owed comes around in a debate muhfukkas are like "Marianne Williamson is a loon and even SHE isn't going that far" :usure:

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
it's because she knows the number is flawed and has said it's her starting point. She's said in one interview that it should be in the trillions but she knows the government won't start with that.
It's also because no one is truly taking her seriously.

you're NOT "n!ggas"

FKA ciroq drobama
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Astronomy (8th light)
Cuz she has no chance to win
Neither does the average person or random celebrity but that doesn't stop them from getting that work if their opinion is deemed wrong :angry:

The difference is, MW's proposal will influence political debate, just not quite in the way I think her supporters expect.

606onit

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Passport Abuse
Neither does the average person or random celebrity but that doesn't stop them from getting that work if their opinion is deemed wrong :angry:

The difference is, MW's proposal will influence political debate, just not quite in the way I think her supporters expect.
nikka, imma write her in if she aint on the ticket! fukk u mean? I know how important it is to get the issues out there. Trump ain't doing shyt to black people. What's another 4 years gone do?

you're NOT "n!ggas"

FKA ciroq drobama
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Astronomy (8th light)
nikka, imma write her in if she aint on the ticket! fukk u mean? I know how important it is to get the issues out there. Trump ain't doing shyt to black people. What's another 4 years gone do?
I didn't say a word about Trump and I damn sure ain't a "nikka" :what:

Wait, is this post facetious or??? :dwillhuh:

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.

Why do you think the figure will be seen as a cap? When/If HR4O gets passed, eventually a new number (or value of redress) will come out of that study.

Also, people flaming others on social media over daring to have an opinion about the topic, and the people who are serious about the issue are two totally different sets of people.

Can you imagine Prof. Darrity telling random Americans on the internet to "STFU, you're probably an immigrant"?

dblive

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Ohio
Because she is the only candidate that brought the discussion to the Presidential debate stage. Her position seems to come from a earnest place as opposed to political posturing.

you're NOT "n!ggas"

FKA ciroq drobama
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Astronomy (8th light)
Why do you think the figure will be seen as a cap? When/If HR4O gets passed, eventually a new number (or value of redress) will come out of that study.

Also, people flaming others on social media over daring to have an opinion about the topic, and the people who are serious about the issue are two totally different sets of people.

Can you imagine Prof. Darrity telling random Americans on the internet to "STFU, you're probably an immigrant"?
I notice a lot of the same people on the ass of people with opinions are down with the proposal, hence the thread. HR40 is being downplayed now cuz "we don't need a study", momentum as far as the topic of reparations goes is in MW's favor and she's already a fringe candidate so the way I see it, anything else proposed will be less or different altogether by default.
She was criticized directly at the ADOS conference.

Your fake ass concern trolling is getting incredibly old and annoying

I mean, I acknowledged the fact that she was criticized on it in the OP, and that was months ago. Now you're telling me she was criticized again as recent as this month and still hasn't budged, still ran it in her commercial, and the same people that criticized it are happy. So I don't know what you're really saying.