How do I find my roots?

Neuromancer

American Daydream Machine
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
So I'm half ADOS on my dad's side and Half Afro Caribbean on my mom's side. Most of my pops family has passed, is locked up or estranged. I want to get to know more about my ADOS side (they're from NC and MD respectively.) what would be the best way to go about that ? Would an ancestry test be best? Are there other ways? Any info would be appreciated.

Bed$tuy

Basic Instructions Before Leaving Earth šŸ‡­šŸ‡¹
Daps
Reppin
BedStuy, Brooklyn
There's no other way but an ancestry test.

Some people have a fear of those dna companies.

There's all kinds of conspiracies about dna tests but it is up to the individuals discretion.

Last edited:

Warren Peace

Superstar
Daps
Paper trail is the best way for what you're talking about. Mormons got all sorts of genealogical data either in their archives, on their site, or both, and it can give you insight not even your own family members knew about. My grandmother only knew her grandmother, but with death certificates and census data I found her grandmother in the early 1800s. When I told her about it she was like :damn: This was in North Carolina, so the process should be similar to what you need.

However if you need to connect with relatives that are still living, take the test. there's a chance they might have as well.

Last edited:

TheKongoEmpire

A Wilsonian Garveyite
Daps
Reppin
The Original Man and the First Gods
So I'm half ADOS on my dad's side and Half Afro Caribbean on my mom's side. Most of my pops family has passed, is locked up or estranged. I want to get to know more about my ADOS side (they're from NC and MD respectively.) what would be the best way to go about that ? Would an ancestry test be best? Are there other ways? Any info would be appreciated.
Ancestry test and searching for relatives?