How Do You Bounce Back After Falling OFF?

The Blackout

F-ck Da Mods
Daps
Okay, I know theboli is usually filled with troll try hard threads day in and day out but I wanted to start a thread that would actually help a lot of us brehs out on here bc from to time I be feelings yalls pain and sometimes we gotta look out for each other and spread some love and wisdom..

Now, myself, am going through some hard times but Im a stubborn fukk, I'm keep persevering no matter what (this is coming from a breh who lost him moms at 2, never knew my father, lost my grandmother and love of my life in the same week and then lost my little brother a year after).

A couple of rap lines that always motivated when i dwelled on the bad was Hov's "Everytime I hit the Ground I bounce back like groundball" or TI's "it's a minor setback for a major comeback"

Yo but sometimes it gets really hard.. like, Losing a girl who you thought you can have a future with, quitting/fired from a job and nowhere to turn for money, drowning in debt with no lifeguard in sight, seeing everyone around you make something of themselves and still dont know what you want to be is tuff,..

All that said to say this.

After you realize your predicament what do you do to change course and get back on track and take over your life.. ME, I tend to isolate myself, read alot, run and exercise daily, eat better and make small goals that I can achieve on daily, weekly basis. And most importantly I had to keep reminding myself that everyone is on their own journey and I have to find my path.

I'd love to hear how some of you brehs persevered through some of your hardest times; I'm sure it would help some of us out: and if it's any of you brehs left from that amzaing thread on "Gems of How to Deal W Women" then I know its some true wisdom layind around here..

Lets build

Mandarin Duck

Majestic and Highfalutin
Daps
Reppin
Ponds
I work out, watch what I eat and I'm constantly in pursuit of my own happiness as cliche as it sounds.

I've been depressed for a long time now.

I don't want to be depressed anymore.

The only person who can change my depression is me.

So I do it.

I'm in the best shape of my life, in the middle of an epic career change and yet I'm still not satisfied.

Sure I could pat myself on the back but I'm not done yet.

I'm still not making as much money as I want.

I'm still terrible with women

I'm still antisocial to the point where it hinders my life.

But I will keep going because I know I can accomplish everything I want to.

I'll never be satisfied. I'll never give up.

Don't nobody give a fukk about you in this world so you have to give a fukk about yourself.

There's no better feeling in the world then accomplishing some shyt, looking in the mirror and realizing that shyt came from within.

Nobody helped you. Nobody guided you. You got up off your ass and did it yourself.

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Man, Wrestling has gotten me through a LOT of hard times all my life tbh. Probably why i'm able to overlook so much of the bad aspects of the sport.

So I guess my advice would be to find something you truly love/allows you to escape & get away from all the BS and just be at peace

giphy.gif

Piffiztheanswer

L'immortale
Daps
Reppin
The International Scene
First thing i do i assess my situation

Whats in my power to change and whats out of it that i cant change

Then proceed to get my gains up, cardio, stretching, and meditation.

Read a lot... books, articles, forums

Ill reach out to friends & family, aquaintances etc.

Play video games n watch movies to distract from any negativity

Abstain from tree/alcohil (depends on the situation)

Turbulent

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's like you said breh, small goals and build from there. One thing I'll tell you is not to focu ls too much on other people. The envy can easily distract you. Make plans. Be disciplined. Even with little mundane things Always be as ready as you can. If you stay ready you never have to get ready. If you need more practical things, youtube and google is often a good start point.

Another thing i would say is to make a detailed inventory of your life (money, health, women, goals,etc). And work on get rid of the things you don't need (friends, debt, physical stuff, bad habits, etc) and your mind will be clearer. I'm sorry for your losses and hardships but find a way to use it. If anything don't allow it to be all for nothing.

Fletch

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Dallas
I work out, watch what I eat and I'm constantly in pursuit of my own happiness as cliche as it sounds.

I've been depressed for a long time now.

I don't want to be depressed anymore.

The only person who can change my depression is me.

So I do it.

I'm in the best shape of my life, in the middle of an epic career change and yet I'm still not satisfied.

Sure I could pat myself on the back but I'm not done yet.

I'm still not making as much money as I want.

I'm still terrible with women

I'm still antisocial to the point where it hinders my life.

But I will keep going because I know I can accomplish everything I want to.

I'll never be satisfied. I'll never give up.

Don't nobody give a fukk about you in this world so you have to give a fukk about yourself.

There's no better feeling in the world then accomplishing some shyt, looking in the mirror and realizing that shyt came from within.

Nobody helped you. Nobody guided you. You got up off your ass and did it yourself.
I was the same way, but you know sometimes it helps to take a look at everything you have accomplished and pat yourself on the back.

Marco Zen

Black Privilege
Daps
Reppin
The Other A
I remember when I "fell off"

Getting through it I called it my rebuild year. I had to rebuild myself.

I tend to isolate to but thats not always healthy if you're a mf like me.. Im not my own best counselor and the voices in my head aren't always giving me the best advice. "You should fukk that bytch"... "Slap your boss he deserves it" etc etc

I cut off everybody in my circle with destructive habits..

I got honest with myself and tried to stay that way

The Blackout

F-ck Da Mods
Daps
I remember when I "fell off"

Getting through it I called it my rebuild year. I had to rebuild myself.

I tend to isolate to but thats not always healthy if you're a mf like me.. Im not my own best counselor and the voices in my head aren't always giving me the best advice. "You should fukk that bytch"... "Slap your boss he deserves it" etc etc

I cut off everybody in my circle with destructive habits..

I got honest with myself and tried to stay that way

What’s some of the things you did during your rebuild year that bounced you back?

Marco Zen

Black Privilege
Daps
Reppin
The Other A
What’s some of the things you did during your rebuild year that bounced you back?

I quit drinking/ drugs (that includes weed)... Became addicted to healthy shyt (workouts, diet, being out of jail)

I stopped telling lies (even small ones)

I started living life with principles. Doing the right thing even when nobody notices or gives me credit.

Stopped fukking with people that aren't about growing

To name a few