How do you think Blacks today would receive Nat Turner?

BodeineBrazy

hehehehehehehehehe
Daps
Reppin
Philly, Norfside
Nat Turners rebellion killed 60.

Within a day of the suppression of the rebellion, the local militia and three companies of artillery were joined by detachments of men from the USS Natchez andUSS Warren, which were anchored in Norfolk, and militias from counties in Virginia and North Carolina surrounding Southampton.[16] The state executed 56 blacks and militias killed at least 100 blacks.[18] An estimated 200 blacks were killed, most of whom were not involved with the rebellion.[19]

Rumors quickly spread among whites that the slave revolt was not limited to Southampton, and that it had spread as far south as Alabama. Fears led to reports in North Carolina that "armies" of slaves were seen on highways, had burned and massacred the white inhabitants of Wilmington, a black-majority city; and were marching on the state capital.[13] Such fear and alarm led to whites' attacking blacks across the South with flimsy cause–the editor of the Richmond Whig, writing "with pain," described the scene as "the slaughter of many blacks without trial and under circumstances of great barbarity."[20] Two weeks after the rebellion had been suppressed, the white violence against the blacks continued. General Eppes ordered troops and white citizens to stop the killing:

"He [the General] will not specify all the instances that he is bound to believe have occurred, but pass in silence what has happened, with the expression of his deepest sorrow, that any necessity should be supposed to have existed, to justify a single act of atrocity. But he feels himself bound to declare, and hereby announces to the troops and citizens, that no excuse will be allowed for any similar acts of violence, after the promulgation of this order."

A company of militia from Hertford County, North Carolina reportedly killed 40 blacks in one day and took $23 and a gold watch from the dead.[23] Captain Solon Borland, who led a contingent from Murfreesboro, North Carolina, condemned the acts "because it was tantamount to theft from the white owners of the slaves."[23] Blacks suspected of participating in the rebellion were beheaded by the militia. "Their severed heads were mounted on poles at crossroads as a grisly form of intimidation."[23] A section of Virginia State Route 658 remains labeled as "Blackhead Signpost Road" in reference to these events.

Do with that what you will.

DO you think blacks werent killed at this rate without provocation back then? LMAO

Concerning VIolence

Decolonizer
Daps
Reppin
the belly of the empire
I mean honestly what is the correlation between the police officers in Dallas and the ones who killed Sterling and Castiel? If you were to kill anyone, why not attack the perpetrators?

The correlation is that the police are the frontlines of the system. They're not individuals. They're not innocent. They're co-conspirators in protecting the state.

And you act like the cops who killed Sterling and Castile just stroll around in public waiting to get popped and don't got government protection. :comeon:

BocaRear

The World Is My Country, To Do Good Is My Religion
Daps
We are active slaves now. Im not belittling him at all. Im very versed in what Nat Turner did. Or rather what they say he did because there are a multitude of interpretations of his story and statements.

NOBODY ever spoke to him except for one person bro. So who knows what happened. Be wary of that. Because one white guy translated his sentiments into what people quote as fact today.

Based off his ACTIONS he killed Infants bro... so your point is kinda lost in that because If he only wanted to kill his "Masters", "Owners" or however u want to frame it. Why kill INNOCENT BABIES. He wasn't remorseful about it either. If you read his so called "statement" fabricated or not he gave no fukks.

Economic Revolution is dope, but that idea overlooks situations like Black Wallstreet where its been explicitly shown that they dont give a fukk and will bomb there own country with no provocation to counteract that. This relationship isnt working. Why are we fooling ourselves. Thats a whole other topic entirely.

Turner says that his master, Mr. Joseph Travis, was "kind" and "placed the greatest confidence in me" (p. 11). Nonetheless, the group decides they will "commence at [his] home on that night, and until we had armed and equipped ourselves, and gathered sufficient force, neither age nor sex was to be spared,"

Nat was about that work and I doubt he saw whites as poor or rich because he claims he was compelled by god to purge all white people.

I respect your opinion tho.

I respect your opinion and how you conducted yourself when dealing with someone who has an opposing opinion. Signs of a real smart brother.

I just don't think an all out war with whites is rational, possible or logical.
Race relations while tense, are no way as bad as they once were. People are more integrated with one another and for the most part, integration has worked and people of different races can get along with one another regardless of ethnicity.
Look at the big cities like London, Toronto, New York. Real multicultural hubs where people from across the world live and integrate with one another, the most successful cities in the world.
On a day to day level, a race war is just not feasable and makes no sense because the average person realises that people are alike regardless of ethnicity.

However, the white supremacy system is very much alive and kicking. It can only be tackled economically. Asians, Nigerians and Jews as I've said countless times work around White Supremacy by placing value on group economics, ownership and education. Capitalism intrinsically cares about who has the most money. America is a republic not a democracy, to get shyt done you need cash breh.

Thankfully, this new generation of blacks are the most educated we've ever seen. I have no doubt that things will get better for the black community, there was even a statistic about black females being the most educated group in America. If blacks are able to utilise the Education system to leverage good careers, and flip that capital into business ownership in local communities then:eat:.

ALL that is left is brothers like Dr Boyce Watkins to push economic education which is fundamental

BodeineBrazy

hehehehehehehehehe
Daps
Reppin
Philly, Norfside
No because otherwise it wouldn't have been noted. I'm not saying slaves weren't killed but you better believe after the biggest slave revolt of its time I think shyt was touch and go for a hot minute.

nah man that wasnt the largest Haiti is the largest, and the seminole indians and brothers were getting toogether ALL the time and scalping muthafukkas left and right.

I respect your opinion and how you conducted yourself when dealing with someone who has an opposing opinion. Signs of a real smart brother.

I just don't think an all out war with whites is rational, possible or logical.
Race relations while tense, are no way as bad as they once were. People are more integrated with one another and for the most part, integration has worked and people of different races can get along with one another regardless of ethnicity.
Look at the big cities like London, Toronto, New York. Real multicultural hubs where people from across the world live and integrate with one another, the most successful cities in the world.
On a day to day level, a race war is just not feasable and makes no sense because the average person realises that people are alike regardless of ethnicity.

However, the white supremacy system is very much alive and kicking. It can only be tackled economically. Asians, Nigerians and Jews as I've said countless times work around White Supremacy by placing value on group economics, ownership and education. Capitalism intrinsically cares about who has the most money. America is a republic not a democracy, to get shyt done you need cash breh.

Thankfully, this new generation of blacks are the most educated we've ever seen. I have no doubt that things will get better for the black community, there was even a statistic about black females being the most educated group in America. If blacks are able to utilise the Education system to leverage good careers, and flip that capital into business ownership in local communities then:eat:.

ALL that is left is brothers like Dr Boyce Watkins to push economic education which is fundamental

i agree with the bolded totally. But I do believe we need some type of defensive front for deterrent sake. Actually I agree with most of what you said, but history has taught me that need to learn to police our own communities to maintain the values and principles of OUR culture. We need a balance of finance and action. Most importantly we need a code of conduct and mentors to show the youth. Us as black men are absolutely failing.

Someone like yesterdays shooter would have been better served using his talents mentoring kids like Bobby Shmurda or these little Chicago knuckleads on how to value each other and protect their community tactically and correctly. He had the right ideals bad execution. Like what Bunchy Carter did for the Panthers.

Because economic growth is romantic, yet its not going to happen in a day, month, or year. We getting killed NOW. And there needs to be immediate consequences since the judicial system has made it ABUNDANTLY clear that they dont give a fukk.

I feel like these kids are doing the right things cosmetically but their not aware enough of their true history and plight to truly build something that can be used as a foundation. We lost culture and tradition in the crack era, so our economic gains are always distorted behind the fact that AA's have lost there oneness with each other and culture.

For along time i think, our union was based off of hatred of "the man" or white people in general. But im starting to see we're splitting on that too. I don't think that's by accident either.

NoChillJones

Banned
Daps
Serious Question... I have my thoughts but I want to write an essay on this subject and I respect some of you guys opinion.

A lot of people don't understand that despite the fact that we glorify him now. Historians (White One's) basically view him as an absolute fanatic and villian. I know the relevant discussion is Dallas right now. But the parallels are absolutely there.

Do you think he thought he was going to end Slavery with his rebellion? Did Micah?

Serious question?

Think your comparing short aforementioned glory to deeply rooted history that holds much more importance. What happened today was a media frenzied spectacle that was used to sway most Americans to different sides of the aisle. Its importance in no way matched to Newtown Massacre and Charlston shooting let alone one of the most famous slave rebellions in the United States.

This story will come and go in a few weeks...

Audemar

Superstar
Daps
He would get dissed and probably snitched on. A lot of black leaders and activists like Garvey, Elijah, Malcolm, MLK after 1966/1967, Huey, etc were not accepted by the masses of our people when they were alive.
Indeed. For some reason, many of us fear radical ideas.