How is it the new 2017 SPIDERMAN cartoon looks WAY worse than the 90's spiderman cartoon?

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
I've noticed the animation shift and it's kept me from watching new cartoons. Every time I attempt to try something new, the animation just throws me the hell off. It's too clean, digital looking. I'm not sure if it's nostalgia or if modern animation is actually worse, or if I just need to get used to it.

Alpha Male

Spare me your daps
Daps
Animation styles change over time breh. Gotta deal with it. And animation preference is just that..preference. 90s spider man cartoon aint even the best spider man cartoon:manny:

90's spiderman had 'realistic' proportions though and tried to emulate the look of the comics.

this cartoon looks like it's aimed for really, really young kids. one of the youtube commenters makes a good point, there aren't even shadows.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
90's spiderman had 'realistic' proportions though and tried to emulate the look of the comics.

this cartoon looks like it's aimed for really, really young kids. one of the youtube commenters makes a good point, there aren't even shadows.

Possibly true but animation style has never been something I cared about, given a shyt about, or even really paid attention to, which is why I chalked it up as just a change in style so thats my b. As long as the writing is there and the characterization is there, I'm good

Daps
Reppin
Continental U.S.
I've noticed the animation shift and it's kept me from watching new cartoons. Every time I attempt to try something new, the animation just throws me the hell off. It's too clean, digital looking. I'm not sure if it's nostalgia or if modern animation is actually worse, or if I just need to get used to it.
Hold on breh no it didn't. Everyone in the 90s spider was Jacked and ripped :skip:

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Homie ain't talking about the overall quality of the show tho image talking strictly animation

I know...I just wanted to plug spectacular again because it needs to be plugged always:russ: so any chance I get, it will get a shout out, even if its a veiled one

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
The 90's Spider-Man will always be my show. :mjcry:

I'll watch the first episode or two of this new show but I don't have much faith in Disney when it comes to Marvel cartoons.

I'm watching because I feel like God made me contractually obligated to do so, but if this shyt is wack, I'm done with the quickness

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Are yall talking about animation style or art style?

The animation style of 90's Spider-Man show was pretty bad at times. They constantly reused stuff or played it backwards or in slow motion just to save money. Then you had those butt ugly CGI web slinging backgrounds.

I loved that show as a kid too, but it doesn't hold up very well.

Spectacular Spider-Man is the best Spider-Man cartoon tho.