How Is One Self-hatred And The Other Not? :jbhmm:

SheWantTheD

Veteran
Daps
This thread I made last night was thrown into the bushes, but it raised some important questions.. as to why black women contour their noses to make them appear thinner/more European like.

http://www.thecoli.com/threads/why-...-them-appear-more-european-like-jbhmm.490405/

funniest-young-joc-hair-memes-01-640x1046.jpg

-font-b-Cambodian-b-font-straight-virgin-hair-7a-Virgin-Hair-silk-straight-font-b.jpg

I am sick and tired of black women and simps trying to trivialize wearing wigs, weave and whatever else that are clear signs of low self-esteem and low self-value within their own natural beauty, the hair that grows out of their head, their natural features, eye color etc.

Saying that it's just a hobby, it's just makeup is BULLshyt. Corporations don't spend billions of dollars every year on advertising beauty standards just because.

Y'all either run with "It's media, white supremacy and society's fault" without taking any accountability or you say that it has no affect on the psyche of woman.

If wearing weave, chemically altering your hair and whatever else is just a hobby and just for fun, then why is it done to the point where you have bald spots in your head? Why is it done to the point where the damage you have done to your hair is irreversible? Why do black women continue to chemically alter their hair when it has been linked to cancer if it's just a hobby and something done for fun?

You can't talk to most black women about hair, they will get defensive and attack you. thecoli roasted yung joc on straightening his hair, but when we talk about women and weave we are bashing black women, hate black women, etc. :camby:

SheWantTheD

Veteran
Daps
Why aren't tanning beds and lip injections considered self hatred?

It seems like only one race is capable of exhibiting self hate?

:mjpls:
No, stop deflecting. When was this said at all? I don't care what women of other races are doing as I don't deal with them. It does not matter who I procreate with, my daughter will always be seen as Black.

Insun Park

Fukk Em
Daps
Long hair is attractive. Most men prefer long hair deal with it. If you can't grow long hair wear a weave

SheWantTheD

Veteran
Daps
I think the mane thing isnt black men with relaxed hair is self hatred, i think people just believe it looks feminine.If you want to relax your hair, do it.
How? There are plenty of black men with dreads that are long and it is not seen as feminine. When Yung Joc came out with his hair like this, people said it was self-hatred. You are not looking at the bigger picture. Sure if you want to do it go ahead, but it definitely does have a profound impact on one's psyche and perception of black hair, beauty etc.

OG Talk

Archived
Daps
Reppin
Heaven on Earth
No, stop deflecting. When was this said at all? I don't care what women of other races are doing as I don't deal with them. It does not matter who I procreate with, my daughter will always be seen as Black.
Deflecting from what?

I'm still trying to figure out what point you're trying to make.

:jbhmm: