How many people have lost friends or fam members cuz of your views on race/conspiracy theories

Fresh

New York Knicks
Daps
This happened to me recently.

Dude I was friends with ever since elementary school distanced himself from me because I said something about race.

He asked me what I was thinking and all I said was that "I wish I could think of something to truly help Black people". Mind you he's AA as well as me. And grew up in the hood as a kid just like me too, and both saw all the usual ill's of growing up in any hood.

I asked someone I know who's racially aware has he ever encountered this and he said he lost friends and fam based on his views to the point that he said he's numb to it now for speaking his mind.

I've seen several people in real life get distanced for having conversations about UFO's. Seriously.

So my question for my Coli fam is has anything like this ever happened to yall?

Ya' Cousin Cleon

OG COUCH CORNER HUSTLA
Daps
Reppin
Harvey World to Dallas, TX
Unless they’re on some Tommy Sotomayor/Sherrif Clarke shyt hell no

I learned that early on when I was a follower of Dr York (I know) back in 08-09.

you don’t beat people over the head with what you learn and you don’t preach to them

use what you’ve learned and apply it to your life and learn to pick your battles when the situation calls for it, but never compromise your beliefs.

agree to disagree when you absolutely have to, but don’t belittle your people or talk down to them in the process.

that’s why a lot of “conscious/radical” folk grow to be so damn miserable and asocial is they don’t know how to meet people where they at and understanding they situation may not warrant or need theory at that point in their life, yet they choose to further push those people away.

Sir Charles Barkley

The Chuckster
Daps
Reppin
TNT & Turner Family
never got into it with family members but wayyy back in the mid 2000's when 9/11 conspiracy theories were poppin i got into it one time at a party with some random kid i didn't know. i made the mistake of saying it was a controlled demolition and he just went nuts... shouting... calling me crazy... calling me an idiot...

i had no idea he was gonna get so heated :huhldup:

i'm just like "okay buddy i'm good " :russell:

Knowledge

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Lost a lot of military friends over the years due to my race views. Most of those brehs are like, they not all bad, we all bleed red, we're all brothers over seas. And I always tell them, fukk those dudes. The military wasn't shyt but a hustle to me.

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
i dont know about your friend but i get tired of hearing cats complain about race or anything else and not want to do anything to better the situation :francis:

to me sitting around complaining about white people is a waste of time :yeshrug:
This is me. Tired of cats that got all the answers online or IRL but it don't translate into actual results or even trying most times. That isn't just race that's everything.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is me. Tired of cats that got all the answers online or IRL but it don't translate into actual results or even trying most times. That isn't just race that's everything.

exactly....

im like yeah....shyt is fuqed up...ok what we gonna do? :yeshrug:

all these dr umar and tariq azz nikkas love to waste time stating the obvious :francis:

Fresh

New York Knicks
Daps
either you or your friend is a c00n

not sure of which one based on that little bit of info tho

I figured someone would ask this question and the answer is he's just a shook one I discovered.

He was a friend grade school, we went our separate ways not in a bad way, but just by living our lives, then reconnected through FB, everything was all good for a good minute and we caught up in real life, but after he asked me over text what I was thinking about dude did a 180 on me. I wasn't hurt, but shocked because that was the first time race came up.

Before that we were talking about our personal lives like him and his baby mama drama for example and sports and sh1t

But once race came up, again he asked me a question and I answered it, he distanced himself and that was the first time something like that happened to me because I'm not preachy and keep most of my thoughts and opinions about race and other "controversial" topics to myself except for a few people because I don't want to hear a bunch of rah rah , ya dig?

But the question I had was has this ever happened to you, and if so what, that's all.
:yeshrug:

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
no

even when we disagree it's not a big deal. my best friend in high school became a super c00n token breh and I cut him off for a while... almost 10 years. He did some living and life taught him he could never escape who he was no matter how much money he made. he woke up and came back around apologized and made amends with all our friends. he was very far down in the sunken place. dude was around cacs making money and they got comfortable and showed him who they were and he realized they would never truly be his friends or have his back. he got caught up making corporate moves and figured we were the undesirables in the mix. the ironic thing is none of my friends are into anything bad they all relatively accomplished and successful but we don't tone down our Blackness which can make some uncomfortable.

I always used to clown him in his absence by saying he would have white groomsmen. :laff:

Daps
Reppin
Golden Era/Drama free Zone
I figured someone would ask this question and the answer is he's just a shook one I discovered.

He was a friend grade school, we went our separate ways not in a bad way, but just by living our lives, then reconnected through FB, everything was all good for a good minute and we caught up in real life, but after he asked me over text what I was thinking about dude did a 180 on me. I wasn't hurt, but shocked because that was the first time race came up.

Before that we were talking about our personal lives like him and his baby mama drama for example and sports and sh1t

But once race came up, again he asked me a question and I answered it, he distanced himself and that was the first time something like that happened to me because I'm not preachy and keep most of my thoughts and opinions about race and other "controversial" topics to myself except for a few people because I don't want to hear a bunch of rah rah , ya dig?

But the question I had was has this ever happened to you, and if so what, that's all.
:yeshrug:
you perfectly skated around the c00n question

i'm still not sure which guy is the c00n, need more context

:patrice:

Fresh

New York Knicks
Daps
Unless they’re on some Tommy Sotomayor/Sherrif Clarke shyt hell no

I learned that early on when I was a follower of Dr York (I know) back in 08-09.

you don’t beat people over the head with what you learn and you don’t preach to them

use what you’ve learned and apply it to your life and learn to pick your battles when the situation calls for it, but never compromise your beliefs.

agree to disagree when you absolutely have to, but don’t belittle your people or talk down to them in the process.

that’s why a lot of “conscious/radical” folk grow to be so damn miserable and asocial is they don’t know how to meet people where they at and understanding they situation may not warrant or need theory at that point in their life, yet they choose to further push those people away.

I'm not preachy, nor do I beat people over the heads with my opinions.

lol, no.

Adult men can disagree on shyt without it causing a rift in a relationship that spans a lifetime.

What you're describing is some Real Housewives type fukkery. :mjlol:

That's actually a philosophy I live by, agree to disagree, and it was some housewives sh1t...on his part.

i dont know about your friend but i get tired of hearing cats complain about race or anything else and not want to do anything to better the situation :francis:

to me sitting around complaining about white people is a waste of time :yeshrug:

That's not me at all dawg, read my second post, and I have helped my mother for mad years until she retired as a substance abuse case manager, I worked witwith at the same job, but that part of the department is closed now. But we had a crazy amount of success and the vast majority were Black, we weren't naive about why either, based on the area and so forth, based on our communities being flooded with drugs so I have done something to help our community, so don't make assumptions. I've done other things too but I ain't about to list and give examples cuz that's not what the thread was about

I have helped in real life, don't sit around just being mad or nothing.

Wait you said you wish you could help black people and he cut you off? Sounds odd.

It struck me as very odd too because that's all I said, hence making this thread. I should have used the word "surprised" as opposed to "shocked" but it would look suspect editing that now, ya dig.

exactly....

im like yeah....shyt is fuqed up...ok what we gonna do? :yeshrug:

all these dr umar and tariq azz nikkas love to waste time stating the obvious :francis:

Man, I said ONE THING, that was the whole point