How much did your set up cost?

Mr Uncle Leroy

All Star
Daps

get yaself an account there, download something new that was recently uploaded so you can get ya upload ratio number up so a)you dont have to pay 20 bucks to keep ya download/upload in good standing b) you dont get kicked off for downloading too much without uploading a lot. older torrents dont have a lot of new downloaders so youll end up downloading a 10 gig vst only to be kicked off cause you got noone to upload to and you only get so much time to get ya ratio to .8 (ie. 10 gig download/atleast 8 gig upload)

EVERY vst thats out will pop on there eventually. and there are a buncha websites youll be able to goto to download other packs as well

for example, if you lookin for keyboard sounds, say you find "Ominsphere.2017 full-iso", you search that term you find on AN.org on google and youll find all the websites with the upload.

im sure others can add on
What type of vst's have you downloaded?
Which vst(s) are you waiting for?

ZEB WALTON

ayo! - BEZ
Daps
Reppin
No Father To MY Style.. A Son Unique
What type of vst's have you downloaded?
Which vst(s) are you waiting for?
Keyboard vsts - omnisphere, trillian, kontact 5-?, nexus, they have a lot of packs for certain sounds like i have moog emilator i forget what their called ill look it up when i hit the computer. Also got abbey roads sounds. Sp 1200 emulator. Bitcrushet which can make sounds 1-24 bit addint a lil crunch to ya sounds.

Autotune, eqs, waves diamond bundle

Bro theres thousands. Look up “best vsts” and youll find gems im tellin you. My beats took a huge leap when i got these sounds cause now i can layer my keyboards with the samples and make them fuller.

I got so manh i cant remember. Ill check my pc later tonigjt and edit this and hit you

And dont forget the drum packs. 808s, 909s, 606s even (i think) i usually use lo fi drum packs cuz it adds dirtt to it

You see, call me a fool for this, but I don't pirate software. I have nothing against those that do, but I'm just "bad" at it. Plus, when sh!t gets all f*cked up with my Mac (like it did in February) and I have to reinstall everything, I'm that dude on the phone with customer support. :laugh:

That said, this is a rough estimate of my current setup:
  • iMac 27" 5K (late 2015): $2100
  • Logic Pro X: $200
  • Headphones: $160
  • Komplete Ultimate 8 (2012): $400
  • Upgrade to Komplete Ultimate 11 (2017): $300
  • Omnisphere 1 (2012): $800
  • Nexus 2 (2017): $250
  • Nexus 2 XP (about 10-12) (2017): $600
  • iZotope Ozone 7 (2017): $400
  • MIDI controller: $100
Total: $5,310 (approximately)

Damn bra ill teach you. I got all those sounds for nada which is kinda fukked up bit a mans gotta make beats.

Trllin yall. 1000-1200 dollar laptop for convenience when you moving.
100 dollar midi controller and some headphones. U good.

Last edited:

bigdaddy88

The King Of Power
Daps
about a thousand, an ipad and mid keyboard..... :ehh:i have a laptop with Fl studio but dont use it as much since am pretty much never home....

Tom Foolery

You're using way too many napkins.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boardwalk and Park Place
You see, call me a fool for this, but I don't pirate software. I have nothing against those that do, but I'm just "bad" at it. Plus, when sh!t gets all f*cked up with my Mac (like it did in February) and I have to reinstall everything, I'm that dude on the phone with customer support. :laugh:

That said, this is a rough estimate of my current setup:
  • iMac 27" 5K (late 2015): $2100
  • Logic Pro X: $200
  • Headphones: $160
  • Komplete Ultimate 8 (2012): $400
  • Upgrade to Komplete Ultimate 11 (2017): $300
  • Omnisphere 1 (2012): $800
  • Nexus 2 (2017): $250
  • Nexus 2 XP (about 10-12) (2017): $600
  • iZotope Ozone 7 (2017): $400
  • MIDI controller: $100
Total: $5,310 (approximately)
I'm not huge on pirating either. except drum kits.

What interface do you use?

Kalut

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
very easy dude. just put the files in the vst folder (they install correctly when you install already)

then you just add the vst into the fl studio pattern area

right click on there, click insert, then "more" in the new window. a new window called "select generator plugin".. will open with all ya vsts, at the bottom click "refresh" and then fast scan. all ya new vsts will then be added highlighted in red. just click the check so its permantley added

then just again, right click, insiert... ya new vsts will now be on that list. boom. done.

its the same process if your adding say filters and and eqs (non instrument vsts) into the mixer section. just make sure the mixer gets the non instrument vsts and the pattern section only the instrument vsts

as far has the game changed? na... just easier

So i ended up copping an HP Omen laptop, FL Studio Signature Bundle, Akai MPK Mini and some Beats By Dre...brody at the Guitar Center i went to said i should return the Beats heaphones for some specific cheaper ones they have for sale there...anyways, i tried getting an account on that site in your spoiler, but it said i need an “invite code”...i used to know this certain site that was called “Acapella” so and so and they had custom made kits ready to go...nice sounding snaps, claps, snares, kicks, 808s...i cant stand those stock ones in FL

ZEB WALTON

ayo! - BEZ
Daps
Reppin
No Father To MY Style.. A Son Unique
So i ended up copping an HP Omen laptop, FL Studio Signature Bundle, Akai MPK Mini and some Beats By Dre...brody at the Guitar Center i went to said i should return the Beats heaphones for some specific cheaper ones they have for sale there...anyways, i tried getting an account on that site in your spoiler, but it said i need an “invite code”...i used to know this certain site that was called “Acapella” so and so and they had custom made kits ready to go...nice sounding snaps, claps, snares, kicks, 808s...i cant stand those stock ones in FL
Check out
magesy.com

They have links for vsts of all sorts with links like mediafire n shyt. The torrent site i linked has open registration a cpl times a year. I dont have any invites left but just check it once a week and see what it says

And i agree on the headphones. Those headphones will make ya beats sound better than they actually are. Yoy want ya headphones to be eh so when you get it aounding good there, itll aound great everywhere

You shouldnt mix with headphones really tho. When you can invest get a cheap pair of minitors. Right now yoy should just be worrying about creating. Sound quality/mixing/mastering is the last step but no point in foing crazy with it until you actually have beats.

And yea download those kits you should be good. I think a site like crazypellas has kits too. Just download mad kits. Look on the link in spoiler for 808s, 909s, signature kits like dre kit, jdilla kit to give ya an idea of all the diff sounds

Next.warbeats.com has dope tutorials.

Maybe download some remakes to see how its done.

Download some songs to sample and start with sinple looping u til you learn the proceas.

It took me 2 years to be decent... 13 years in now im a master but itll take time. Dont quit