How often do you wash your sheets? Avg American does every 24 days

Rell Lauren

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC

RALEIGH, N.C. — How long is too long when it comes to not washing your sheets? A new survey finds that the average American waits more than three weeks before throwing their linens in the wash — though men tend to wait far longer than women.

Researchers from Mattress Advisor, a website that helps consumers shop for the right mattress, surveyed more than 1,000 Americans on their sheet-washing habits and opinions.

pexels-photo-545015.jpeg

How often do you change your sheets? A new survey finds that the average American waits about 24 days, but single men wait more than six weeks to change theirs.
They found that the average person changes their sheets every 24 days, which may sound like a long time — but survey respondents indicated that they didn’t consider it to be “gross” until a whopping 35 days without being cleaned.

When it came to survey results by gender, it was clear that women care more about having a more sanitary sleeping arrangement than men. Women surveyed tended to wash their sheets about every 19 days, while men on average waited nearly 30 days.

The results were even more lopsided when measured by relationship status. Married couples typically change their linens every 20 days, while single respondents leave theirs on the mattress for 37 days before a much-needed cleaning. Single men were especially dirty, changing sheets every 45 days, about 10 days longer on average than single women.

Interestingly, people who were in a relationship, but not married do the chore every 21.8 days.

WANT MORE STUDIES? CLICK HERE TO FOLLOW STUDYFINDS.ORG ON FACEBOOK!

Women were also cleaner when it came sheets soiled from sexual activity. They usually washed their sheets about four days after having sex, while men kept them on for 11.7 days on average. But 48.6% of men who knew they were going to get busy after a night out on the town made sure to put a clean set down before heading out. Only 39.1% of women did the same.

As for habits when it comes to one night stands, women made sure to redo their beds about two days after the deed was done, while men waited 18 days to put down a new set of sheets.

Among the more bizarre findings, respondents who indicate they sleep naked and don’t shower before bed were among the cleaner folks (thankfully). They change sheets every 19.4 days. Meanwhile, those who admit they drool when they sleep don’t seem to mind the browning of their pillows. Those folks change their pillowcases every 31.8 days on average!

All that said, hopefully the findings will encourage you to be more mindful of your own habits. If not, consider this: the average human oozes 26 gallons of sweat into his or her sheets each year, and sheds 10 grams of skin every day. Break out the extra detergent, everyone!

:picard:

Nasty. I wash my sheets every week.

BaldingSoHard

Veteran
Daps
Depends on how busy I'm bout to get that week :scheme:.

If no sex, then probably monthly.

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
Sidenote:

Wear some tom ford tobacco vanilla or some Spicebomb cologne before you go over and fukk a shorty and watch she hit you up the next day on some

"Omg my bedsheets still smell like you :noah: "

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
I change the sheets when I drop my ash tray on my sheets about once every other week......Whats the point of washing your sheets all the time though, and putting them on a dirty ass mattress, as if that dont stain

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
:damn:

I googled the prices
Goto a nordstrom and ask for that sample ASAP!

The price is worth it if you have $ to blow though trust...I worked there and used to re-fill my stock for free every week :steviej:

Spicebomb is worth it as well...seductive scent...

Tom ford is for them 6cert brehs, but spicebomb does the job just as well:wow: