How Realistic Is It For African Americans to Have our OWN SEPARATE Part of the Country?

Archangel

Banned
Daps
Y'all remember Malcolm X talking about this? He said black people and white people will never be able to coexist. He said we should be given reparation money and our own part of land in the country for us to thrive on our own without the influence of the white man.

With that money, we'd be able to build our own schools and businesses, open our own stores and circulate money within our own communities. It'd be like Black Wall Street of Tulsa, Oklahoma but on a larger scale.

I agree with Malcolm on this because realistically, we will never be equal to the white man while trying to overcome and navigate his system of white supremacy. We will always be killed, treated poorly, mocked and given little to no justice. It's been the same for 300+ years so what makes people think it will suddenly change now?

All this marching, protesting and picket signs is cute but lets be frank, it progresses nothing. It puts no pressure on the system to do right by us because there are no consequences to a bunch of hurt black people marching in the street. Time is out for that.

But back to the original topic. I was wondering how would such a mass exodus work. I mean, would we have our own currency or would we still use the dollar? How would we get our resources to modernize our communities? Are we still going to white stores outside of our area to buy things? Would we trade with other countries? What could we offer them that would make them want to trade with us?

Is it possible for an all black mini country to be self sufficient without the help of the white man here in America?

Your thoughts?

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
Not really realistic for us to have a black state in the U.S and if it's not on the coast (it won't be) it'll be trash anyway
A black area that secedes and becomes it's own country will be Haiti 2.0, again it probably won't be on the coast and will easily be controlled and limited by cac areas around it.
If you think i'm being too pessimistic look at places like Detroit, Philly, and Bmore. Black run cities for the last 20-30+ yrs that ain't shyt because of corruption by black politicians and rich white suburbs finessing them

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
About as unrealistic as could be.

We would have to move Whites, Asians, Arabs and White Latinos completely out of a comfortable area (deciding where would be difficult enough), we'd have to then have a mass exodus of tens of millions of AAs (we'd have to choose who would be included as citizenry, African immigrants, Afro-Carribeans, Afro-Latinos, mulatto, quadroon, White spouses, etc.), we'd likely have to cooperatively build an entirely new infrastructure, essentially break down the entirety of our business structures in other areas, craft a new federalism (are we a nation-state, a territory, a state, how much power does the federal government have year, what is our governmental system like, language spoken, trade policies, etc.), and we'd have to convince two unwilling entities to do so (American government and AAs that dont' care).

Moody

Faroole ii geeya
Daps
Reppin
Puntland
Impossible. It would essentially be the third or fourth most powerful country on planet earth with most if not all of the cultural capital.

Ain't no way Germany, Russia or France gonna get knocked down a peg to an entirely black country.

That would mean Canada and America splitting military, nuclear and even astronomical resources with a brand new nation. The logistics involved are complicated.

But I suppose if black people mass congregated into the states of South Carolina, North Carolina, Georgia and some of those new England states white flight would be strong enough to force enough AAs into parliament and so on. Then all you would need is enough educated leaders to lead a separatist movement. And in the age of technology you can't exactly assassinate them all.

But think about it longterm. A black nation would automatically be an ally with the US. They'd have to share national intelligence. That's...gonna be an awkward af conversation.

US: "So you're a nation now?"
AA Country: "yeah let's talk business"
US: "ok so here's literally every single reprehensible thing we've done as a nation"
AA Country: "wait I didn't even know about half of these assassinations :dahell:"
US: "it gets worse :mjcry:"

Now entirely black states are possible. But that'll eventually breed separatism.

Last edited:

BlackJesus

Spread science, save with coupons
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
We need to clean up and properly run our hoods before we start talking about a nation. :hhh:

That means get the dopeboys, crackheads and pimp wannabes out of our neighborhoods and focus on giving our kids a decent education in two parent families.

I live in Oakland off 73rd. The deep east. That is 60-70℅ black. I see fukkery all day, every day. This current thing we doing ain't it. Fukk everything else RN. Put that shyt on hold.

Ghost Utmost

The Soul of the Internet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the Aether
Alert

I'm just riffing off the thread title

Not only is it possible. It is absolutely critical to our final form long term existence on this Earth

The next step will be us building and establishing our footing. Here's the part where the current adults get serious and start putting it together

AlainLocke

Banned
Daps
White slave owners tried that and had to fight a war...

We couldn't even beat the National Guard and the Air National Guard today...:francis:

We couldn't even defend multiple Black enclaves in the 1800s...against White mobs...

So no....it's very much unrealistic...the idea that there is going to be a Black American state went out the window in the 1800s...when we stayed here...