How Richard Pryor the goat if Paul Mooney was writing his jokes?

FeloniousMonk

Dont mind me..Im a azzhole
Daps
Reppin
Them Lo Lifes...
PERSONALLY i can't label some one GOAT of any individual based art form if they weren't solely responsible for the creation of the art
But now you are generalizing the medium of art itself, which is not cut and dry.

On top you are referring to a a urban griot, or orator, who has the knack for telling stories via characters whom he's created or experienced in life.

At one time I thought ALL artists wrote their own material, once I found out they didnt, my perspective changed, and started learning what the concept of talent and entertainment was.

Its more than being disgruntled about a comedian not writing their own material or labeling them goat thereof.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
First of all. You saying that Paul Mooney's stand ups are "weak" invalidates any and all opinion you may have on the topic of comedy. Paul Mooney's stand ups are legendary in their own right and his Race special is one of the more underrated works in all of standup.

Secondly, Paul Mooney and Richard Pryor were very good friends, almost like brothers. Pryor admitted that Mooney wrote for him but Mooney also has called Pryor the greatest comedian of ALL TIME so that right there let's you know right there that Pryor's talents were legit. Also just because Mooney worked with Pryor doesn't mean that he wrote the majority of his jokes. Remember Pryor was also responsibility for writing film scripts and his own television show, so his writing chops were legit.

Thirdly, about the fakkit shyt.... well I ain't got nothing for that. When I found out he was boasting about smashing trannys:scust:

notPsychosiz

I started this gangsta sh-
Daps
Reppin
dogbornwolf
Also his brother and Wonda Sykes

Never knew that. His brother is funnier than him in my opinion... but that may be a content choice. Chris only does material that is pleasing to everyone now. Tony Rock does whatever.

As for Wanda Sykes... I'd recognize that ass anywhere. :ld: