How Should AJ Styles Debut in WWE? (5 Great Ideas Inside)

Read Below 1st...Best Way for AJ Styles to FInally Debut in WWE?

• Option 1

Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Option 2

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Option 3

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Option 4

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Option 5

Votes: 15 45.5%

• Total voters
Daps
Option #1
RESEM49577ajrumble.png

AJ Styles enters the Royal Rumble
One of the most popular suggestions being bandied about and one option WWE would have would be to enter AJ Styles into the upcoming Royal Rumble match.

This immediately throws up two possibilities. The first of these would be to announce AJ ahead of time, in order to build up towards his debut. This allows WWE the opportunity to give the WWE Universe a glimpse of what he is capable of, and also time to prepare long-time fans for his imminent arrival.

The other option is for AJ to be a surprise entrant, showing up without forewarning. This is by far the most romantic option, as many fans of the man (myself included) love the idea of the countdown clock, the buzzer going off and the reveal of AJ to a monster pop.

The reality of this is that AJ Styles just might not have the name reach within the WWE Universe that we assume he does. As such, there is every chance that his surprise reveal in the Royal Rumble match would be a damp squib opening, putting this most talented of superstars on the back foot immediately.

Introducing AJ in the Royal Rumble match is the bravest and potentially most exciting option. It is also the riskiest.

Option #2
eNQRSdF0.jpg

NXT Debut Vignettes
Well, if ain’t broke, don’t fix it. The classic introductory technique, introducing AJ Styles through a number of vignettes on NXT leading up to a debut is by far the safest option. Sure, it might not be the most exciting of options either, but there we go.

This is particularly appealing when looking at the other independent stars to have arrived in NXT. When Kevin Owens was coming to town, vignettes aired and anticipation was built. When Apollo Crews was about to make his debut, it was announced and built up beforehand and we could all look forward to his arrival.

AJ Styles is an incredible talent, a true world class performer. Sometimes the safest option is the best option, and airing introductory vignettes to the man over a number of weeks might not be such a bad way to go.

Option #3
LIfJOTlZ.jpg

NXT TakeOver: Dallas (Night before Wrestlemania 32)
The next edition of the incredible NXT TakeOver series has been announced, and boy is it a big one. NXT TakeOver: Dallas will take place on April 1st 2016, the day before WrestleMania XXXII emanates from the same city. The crowd will be hot, and it is unthinkable that the event will pass without some major events unfolding.

The most major of these events could be the debut of AJ Styles. As mentioned previously, Styles’ long time rival Samoa Joe made his debut last year at the end of an NXT TakeOver special, and introducing Styles in a similar way would be a wise move, especially in front of the smart crowd that WrestleMania (and NXT) tends to attract.

The main event of NXT TakeOver: Dallas is all speculation at this point, but AJ Styles coming out to a huge pop to symbolically challenge whoever stands tall at the end would be a statement and a half and a great way to introduce him.

Option #4
The Balor/Bullet Club
489a79f0fb519d485a14a430a76949e8.jpg

This seems to be the most popular option for introducing AJ Styles, as well as a great vehicle for turning AJ Styles heel in the process. For a number of months now Balor has been hinting at the arrival of a posse (so to speak), a posse by the name of the Balor Club.

This is a very clear take on Bullet Club, the faction that has run roughshod over New Japan Pro Wrestling for the last few years that has been led by both Finn Balor and AJ Styles. Interestingly enough, two of the other big names rumoured to be heading WWE-way with Styles are Karl Anderson and Doc Gallows, two other important Bullet Club members. Hmmm….

In many ways, this one just writes itself. Balor defends his title against a popular babyface (Sami Zayn or Hideo Itami, for example) at NXT TakeOver: Dallas. Just when it seems like the good guy is going to take home the gold, out of nowhere come three hooded assailants, interfering and allowing Balor to pick up the victory.

Naturally, Finn acts shocked at the help initially, but the three slowly reveal themselves to be Styles, Anderson and Gallows. Ladies and gentlemen, the Balor Club are here.

Option #5
hqdefault.jpg

Post Wrestlemania RAW show
When push finally makes its way to the world known as ‘shove’, no option for introducing AJ Styles to the crazy world of World Wrestling Entertainment makes more sense than this. WrestleMania attracts fans from all over the world, wrestling obsessives who know what they are watching and why.

A huge number of these fans stay on for Raw the day after the event, too, and this has fast become one of the biggest days on the WWE calendar. Surprise returns, huge debuts and, most importantly, a hot crowd have led to it being one of the only must-see nights of Raw for the whole year.

If AJ Styles is going straight to the main roster, this has to be the night he arrives, with a crowd that will bellow in support of him, rather than let out a collective ‘oh yeah, I’ve heard of this guy’. AJ Styles should be treated like a star and, by introducing him on this day, you are guaranteeing him a reaction befitting of one.

It doesn’t matter what he does or who he interrupts to do so. The Social Outcasts, complaining of being left off the ‘Mania card, an overconfident secondary champion, proclaiming an open challenge, saving a valiant babyface from a heel beatdown, all of the options work…

Truth be told, AJ Styles could arrive on the scene in WWE through any of these vehicles and the man will be a success. Since arriving in New Japan, Styles has proven himself to be without a shadow of a doubt one of the top professional wrestlers in the world. More so than anyone in modern North American wrestling, he deserves a shot on the biggest stage of them all. Let’s hope WWE get him off to a good start with a hot debut.

TheWhackMamba

The Coli's Drop Bear
Daps
Reppin
Western Australia
I think 5, 4 would show him as lesser than Balor, 2 and 3 I can't see him in NXT with all the main roster injuries. I can see 1 working if they run promos like they did with tazz before he debuted.

I mean with 4 it's like why bring in one of the best wrestlers in the world and make him a lackey to our development system guy

Kidd Dibiase

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
its been reported Styles won't be in NXT due to his price tag. [although there's plenty of piff match ups for him there]

gotta go with option 5..him being in the rumble would be a waste if the idea is for Reigns to win...and with Lesnar in there. AJ needs his own moment

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
I feel like they'd have to bring him in between now and Mania. With all the injuries they can't really afford to wait that long - so a combination of 1 & 5, I guess - Raw after the Rumble - injuries notwithstanding.

SirMo

Pro
Daps
Has to be 1 for me, if AJ came out in the Rumble match, I think I would quite literally lose my shyt.

The Prince of All Saiyans

Formerly Jisoo Stan & @Twitter
Daps
he'd have to play a major role if he was to be entered into the rumble

like kevin nash the other year he was in

otherwise the post raw would be :whew:

Daps
he'd have to play a major role if he was to be entered into the rumble

like kevin nash the other year he was in

otherwise the post raw would be :whew:
Oh shyt I just noticed Royal Rumble is in Orlando

Would the "impact zone" fans be in attendance and pop for AJ? :ohhh:
:mjlol:

Golayitdown

Veteran
Daps
5 by far. Introducing him between now and Mania on NXT makes him seem small time (though it would easily generate the most entertaining matches and storylines).

Doing the rumble does him no favors. He's not winning it, so he would only get a quick pop with no real direction. It could backfire heavily if he gets the random Bryan elimination too.

Introducing him after mania guarantees the biggest reaction and the crowd will 100% know who he is. He won't be shoehorned into the desperate Mania build that they may have to do due to injuries. In addition, it will eliminate the need for the dumb (IMO) build up packages. It will also make him an immediate top player cause he will be treated like a big deal.