How sway?!? Breakdancing Thread

ThrvxxAura

Among the walking dead
Daps
Reppin
Been watching a lot of breakdancing videos like this one:

:wow: This followed with me attempting to atleast try a handstand so I can build up to the helicopter wrist they out here flexing with.

Safe to say my arm strength was not anywhere close to holding me up more than a second or two. Soon as I was looking at the ground I gained way more respect for everyone able to breakdance.

How were brehs in the 80's and 90's learning and building they skills up? Were they literally one two steppin all day in the streets or was it a cross fit kind of thing?:why:

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
I used to be in a break crew back in the late 90s to like 2002.

We'd go to battles where there would be a black book competition, a Graff competition with 4 writers piecing on a wall, a freestyle battle with 10 MCs, and a DJ/turntables competition.

I still know how to up rock, windmill, etc. Never could do headspins.

We would do b-boy shyt at raves too back then cause alot of the hip-hop kids were heavy into drum n bass/jungle and breaks.

Breakdancing is one of the true powerful elements of hip-hop.

ThrvxxAura

Among the walking dead
Daps
Reppin
I used to be in a break crew back in the late 90s to like 2002.

We'd go to battles where there would be a black book competition, a Graff competition with 4 writers piecing on a wall, a freestyle battle with 10 MCs, and a DJ/turntables competition.

I still know how to up rock, windmill, etc. Never could do headspins.

We would do b-boy shyt at raves too back then cause alot of the hip-hop kids were heavy into drum n bass/jungle and breaks.

Breakdancing is one of the true powerful elements of hip-hop.

How did y'all build strength to apply that to the moves y'all were trying? I feel like the standard is to be able to do handstand for a minute or something .

KingsOfKings

π”»π•£π•–π•’π•ž π•„π•–π•£π•”π•™π•’π•Ÿπ•₯
Daps

KingsOfKings

π”»π•£π•–π•’π•ž π•„π•–π•£π•”π•™π•’π•Ÿπ•₯
Daps