How to Code in Python With Microsoft's Free Classes

Jimmy Two-Times™

Coli Mods Catch Me If U Can Forgive Me Imma Ridah™
Daps
Reppin
Peckham™ Come Get Me!
Programming in Python or some other object oriented language will be the future.

I predict in the next 10-20 years children will be FORCED to learn a code before they finish school just like how English, Maths and Science is mandatory programming will be just as useful.

I.Go

Bay Area Big Steppa
Daps
Reppin
I know a lot of coli brehs want to get into IT specifically coding and developing. These free courses have the same information as the paid training courses at Microsoft training centers. Visual Studio 2019 is free, download the python extensions, follow the tutorials, then go from there.

Jimmy Two-Times™

Daps
Reppin
Peckham™ Come Get Me!
I've tackled Python in the past but didn't stick with it.

Right now I'm at the beginning stages of trying to tackle C++ and in a few months I'm going to take my annual leave to attend a bootcamp (though hopefully I won't need it if all goes well)

In a few months I hope to have a better grasp on coding in both python and C++

I think a bootcamp would look better on your CV as opposed to self-teaching because at least somebody can vouch for you on LinkedIn

Macallik86

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I'm retaking a Bootcamp myself after falling off. I am three weeks in and almost as far as I was when I quit. I think what helped me recently is the following:
  1. The bootcamp I am taking has a Facebook page. I got a mentor from there for free and I check in periodically.
  2. I have started applying the information in the bootcamp to personal projects. If the instructor is doing a demonstration of coding using a fake company, I will follow along but write in the company that I am aiming to launch down the road
  3. I have set a realistic goal for the bootcamp (complete 8% of the course per week) and I check in with my mentor about it on a regular basis to keep myself honest.
  4. Hindsight is 20/20. I am paying more attention to the things that I didn't fully grasp the first time around and everything is 'clicking' this time around. I suppose the real test is what happens when I am learning completely new material again.

Jimmy Two-Times™

Daps
Reppin
Peckham™ Come Get Me!
I'm retaking a Bootcamp myself after falling off. I am three weeks in and almost as far as I was when I quit. I think what helped me recently is the following:
  1. The bootcamp I am taking has a Facebook page. I got a mentor from there for free and I check in periodically.
  2. I have started applying the information in the bootcamp to personal projects. If the instructor is doing a demonstration of coding using a fake company, I will follow along but write in the company that I am aiming to launch down the road
  3. I have set a realistic goal for the bootcamp (complete 8% of the course per week) and I check in with my mentor about it on a regular basis to keep myself honest.
  4. Hindsight is 20/20. I am paying more attention to the things that I didn't fully grasp the first time around and everything is 'clicking' this time around. I suppose the real test is what happens when I am learning completely new material again.
I feel you. I think my problem where I fell short before was mental fatigue by trying to cram too much too soon and thinking the worst if I failed which ended up happening because I made it an option in reality. Like you, what I'm doing now is taking incremental steps to learn each sub-topic as I go along. When you put a timer or a finite amount of time on something you'll risk mounting more pressure on yourself. At least my way you roll with what you do know until the next topic is better grasped as opposed to forcing yourself to kinda understand something and then moving on.:wow:

If you don't mind me asking, what type of startup are you thinking of launching?:jbhmm:

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island

Macallik86

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I feel you. I think my problem where I fell short before was mental fatigue by trying to cram too much too soon and thinking the worst if I failed which ended up happening because I made it an option in reality. Like you, what I'm doing now is taking incremental steps to learn each sub-topic as I go along. When you put a timer or a finite amount of time on something you'll risk mounting more pressure on yourself. At least my way you roll with what you do know until the next topic is better grasped as opposed to forcing yourself to kinda understand something and then moving on.:wow:

If you don't mind me asking, what type of startup are you thinking of launching?:jbhmm:
It is about filling a niche for an under-served social group.