How To Make a Featured Thread Image

cook

Banned
Daps
It's easy to create an image to be used for the slider on our front page for the featured threads but it's kinda hard to explain so I thought I'd create a guide for people to help us out and keep the front page fresh with new threads.

Here's a gif of my process. The mouse doesn't show up for some reason so I'll list the steps below

full

• Google Images - Search for topic - I used Nas in this example :ahh:
  • Once you search, goto search tools and then change the size to large - the bigger the picture the better.
  • Try to find a picture that is longer than it is high. (Like if you flipped your smartphone to landscape mode)
  • Once you click on the picture, click view image - then once it loads right click and copy image location (you could also download to your computer if you wanted to use it in photoshop)
  • Then I goto the online picture editor at pixlr.com - Use the regular picture editor
  • Open image from URL and paste the link you just copied
  • Click the crop tool in the upper left hand corner
  • Click the drop down menu for constraint and select Aspect Ratio - Put width to 5 and height to 2
  • Select as much of the picture as you can, center it then click somewhere besides the image and it will ask you to apply changes
  • That's it - save the picture - upload it to imgur.com or wherever and then post it in the thread.
**If using photoshop - Select the marguee tool - change style to fixed aspect ratio and set to 5:2

This won't guarantee that we automatically put your thread on the slider - I've tried to explain this process to a few people when asking for some help so this is more of a reference I can refer people too but you never know, it definitely makes it more likely for us to feature a thread.

:eat:

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
Does it mean that we can make pic banners for our threads? I'm confused :dahell:
I guess so. But this is for the front page. I don't know if you've seen it but it has pictures scrolling along the top for the hottest threads. Usually for the latest football games or other important events. Not every thread makes it up there so you can't just come up with some ridiculous troll thread and expect to get a banner pic up there. Although I don't check the page out too much, so who knows what gets put up there.

Big Daddy

Fight or die fighting, no surrender.
Daps
I guess so. But this is for the front page. I don't know if you've seen it but it has pictures scrolling along the top for the hottest threads. Usually for the latest football games or other important events. Not every thread makes it up there so you can't just come up with some ridiculous troll thread and expect to get a banner pic up there. Although I don't check the page out too much, so who knows what gets put up there.

I can understand not putting troll threads up there but if you make a good pic for a normal Featured thread you should get it put into the scroller. It's not like there isn't space, there are only four pics/threads scrolling right now :mindblown: I'm bout to be on this sh!t :banderas:

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
I can understand not putting troll threads up there but if you make a good pic for a normal Featured thread you should get it put into the scroller. It's not like there isn't space, there are only four pics/threads scrolling right now :mindblown: I'm bout to be on this sh!t :banderas:
True but who knows what they pick. I can see for sports and music threads. Maybe for tv and movie threads too. I think it has to be something that can guarantee numbers. They want them clicks. I'm excited to see what you come up with tho. :salute:

KyokushinKarateMan

Train hard, fight easy
Daps
Reppin
U.S.
TheColi had the dopest features of any message board on the internet. :wow:

Those features were the only thing that separated it and elevated it above the others, and were the main thing that finally pushed me from lurking for a year to actually joining :wow:

If you missed out on the Homepage, animated banners scrolling across the top, the Featured Threads, who's viewing(in thread), and Most Daps, then you really missed out on the real Coli. :wow:

Being able to see nikkas lurking a thread they were being exposed in but was too scared to reply to, was :wow:

Logging on and seeing a hi-def banner scrolling across the top of the homepage for your thread :wow:

Being late to a plat thread and being able to simply click 'Most Daps' to see all the good posts only :wow:

Software

RIP Future Gohan
Daps
Reppin
Swole Gang
TheColi had the dopest features of any message board on the internet. :wow:

Those features were the only thing that separated it and elevated it above the others, and were the main thing that finally pushed me from lurking for a year to actually joining :wow:

If you missed out on the Homepage, animated banners scrolling across the top, the Featured Threads, who's viewing(in thread), and Most Daps, then you really missed out on the real Coli. :wow:

Being able to see nikkas lurking a thread they were being exposed in but was too scared to reply to, was :wow:

Logging on and seeing a hi-def banner scrolling across the top of the homepage for your thread :wow:

Being late to a plat thread and being able to simply click 'Most Daps' to see all the good posts only :wow:
:mjcry: