How to read more books AND get the most out of what you Read this upcoming year...

Razor Reader

Formerly -----
Daps
Reppin
Game, Prosperity and Good Fortune
This is a good time to prepare yourself to become mentally stronger and smarter in the upcoming year and quite possibly for the rest of your life. This is all very simple strategy to read more books.

• Trying to read 8-14 books a year instead of trying to read 40 or 50 books. Be realistic and realize that it takes time to read understand and comprehend what's in a book. So that's only 1 and 1/2 to two books a month at the most.

• Give yourself at least 8 to 12 days to read a book that is under 256 pages and at least 20 to 25 days to read books over 400 pages. Books over 500 page give yourself at least 50 days.

• Read a least 30 minutes everyday

• Keep the book list diverse. Don't just read one kind of book.Read bio-graphies, science, history, books, novels and even self help if you like. HOWEVER it may make sense for you to read or one particular subject for an extended period of time. If you trying to accomplish something or learning particular skill then by all means STICK TO THAT PARTICULAR SUBJECT !
  • If the book is trash then toss it out. You don't have to read a book that you just can't get into.
  • Follow the three book rule. Don't try to read more than three books at any given one time.
  • Be prepared to reread at least 2 books you've read this year. If not the whole book then at least certain sections that you may not have fully grasp as well as you would have liked.
  • Do an "Analyst Application Project" or an " Deep Analysis project". More on this in another post...
Keep rocking...

Last edited:

Razor Reader

Formerly -----
Daps
Reppin
Bump

Edit :
I want to change something I said earlier. If you're trying to develop a particular skill or or understand something from a several points of view it may make sense for you to read several different books on the same subject.

sfgiants

BANNED
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i read 52 books last year, i initially had a target of 30 for the year but i would be finishing a lot of them faster than i expected (i would read on the train, but stopped cuz i dont think that shyt is good for the eyes). i read during lunch too and on the weekends.
this year ive only read 3 books :flabbynsick:

larsattack

All Star
Daps
To help with procrastination for reading/studying use the Pomodoro technique. Cut off distractions, Set a timer for 25 minutes and focus on the time, not the task. At the end of the 25 mins take a break and do what ever you like (the break is essential to learning as well). The goal is to turn this into a habit every day.

Also, reciting what you have just read helps you learn much more than going back to reread. After every couple paragraphs or pages look away and recite the information in your head. Use your own words, translate it for yourself. You can practice this now using a news article.

Last edited:

Razor Reader

Formerly -----
Daps
Reppin
To help with procrastination for reading/studying use the Pomodoro technique. Cut off distractions, Set a timer for 25 minutes and focus on the time, not the task. At the end of the 25 mins take a break and do what ever you like (the break is essential to learning as well). The goal is to turn this into a habit every day.

Also, reciting what you have just read helps you learn much more than going back to reread. Every couple paragraphs or pages look away and recite the information in your head. Use your own words, translate it for yourself. You can practice this now using a news article.

:ohhh:This is a very good idea.