How to Stop Burfict Timing? [BENGALS @ STEELERS] Official Game Thread

DonKnock

KPJ Gonna Save Us
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Hoping to see a great game out of Burfict this week, really pulling for him, no hard feelings after what happened in the playoffs:troll:

Bengals Injuries:

TE Tyler Eifert (ankle) – Out
DT Pat Sims (ankle) – Questionable

Steelers Injuries:

CB Senquez Golson (foot) – Out
FB Roosevelt Nix (back) – Out
C/G Cody Wallace (knee) – Out
WR Markus Wheaton (shoulder) – Questionable
LB Ryan Shazier (knee) – Questionable *WILL PLAY*

Cincinnati Bengals @ Pittsburgh Steelers

Heinz Field, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Sunday, September 18, 2016, 1 p.m. (ET)

Key Matchup

Emotions vs. emotions. There’s no secret bad blood exists between the Steelers and Bengals. Le’Veon Bell, Pittsburgh’s star running back, was lost for the season in the first half of a Week 8 match-up at Heinz Field. Cincinnati linebacker Vontaze Burficttackled Bell near the sideline, and wrenched his body in such a fashion the running back’s MCL was torn. Several Steelers players expressed their disgust over Burfict’s post-tackle celebratory mood and basically accused him of a dirty play. Immediately following the game and in the days before the rematch in Week 14, players such as guard Ramon Foster and linebacker Vince Williams got involved in Twitter wars with Burfict and others. And in that second match-up–a 33-20 victory by the Steelers–the feelings were so soured, head coach Mike Tomlin even refused to shake Burfict’s hand after the game. The apparent reason for this had to do with, among other things, the controversial linebacker diving low at quarterback Ben Roethlisberger’s knees on one particular play. Roethlisberger called the play dirty afterwards. Famously, there was a Round 3 in this match-up, with the two teams colliding in a highly-emotional and ugly wild card game at Paul Brown Stadium on January 9. The Steelers walked away with a last-second win, but not before several fights broke out during the game–including a second half brawl following a helmet-to-helmet hit on Cincinnati running back Giovanni Bernard delivered by inside linebacker Ryan Shazier. The fortunes of both teams changed late in the game, when Shazier stripped running back Jeremy Hill of the ball, just when it looked like the Bengals had the game in-hand. As Pittsburgh drove for a game-winning field goal, Burfict was penalized 15 yards for a shot to the head on receiver Antonio Brown; as he was being attended to, cornerback Adam “Pacman” Jones got into it with linebackers coach Joey Porter, which drew another 15-yard penalty against Cincinnati. The Steelers went on to win the game, 18-16, but Burfict and Jones kept the rivalry heated throughout the following week, as both accused Brown of faking a concussion (he missed the divisional round playoff game against the Broncos). Anyway, with all of that in-mind, maybe the team that comes out on top this Sunday will be the one who can best control its emotions. So far, not much has been said between the two teams, but that doesn’t mean the feelings aren’t still pretty raw on both sides. It may help that Burfict, the main protagonist is this heated rivalry, is serving a three-game suspension to start the season due to his many transgressions a year ago.

Steeler brehs:blessed:

@3Rivers @SteelCitySoldier @basketball reasons
@Animal House @Art Barr @backbreaker65
@Benny P @BonafideDefacto @Bone$
@Box Cutta @cadillacsandcongac
@Dog Based Gremlin @Domingo Halliburton @DredScott
@GatorStaceyAdams @General Mills @gho3st
@Gravity @Hoganese @hiya tiger @Holy Berry
@KiD WavE @king-laylow @Mahmoud Abdul-Rauf @Nappy Hacker
@Pinyapplesuckas @resurrection @RichieRich
@Smackdown625 @th_412
@Thatrogueassdiaz @TheFukYouThought @ThEyCaLlMeB
@WuDatWuDat @Yuffie.

*Disclaimer: This thread will again be used to build the Steeler tag list for the rest of the season, so if you're a Steeler breh and you aren't tagged mention me and we will get the list updated
:DKCoach:

Fucc da BunGALs:DKTomlin:[/USER]

Last edited:

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
I don't think brown is gonna make it thorugh this game.
Real talk.
Bengals gonna give them payback for that bullshyt as playoff game they stole.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Oh Art....:therethere:

YEAH, and the bengals were a childhood fav of mine, and boomer was my hero, too.

fukk the bungles, c00ner and bumfit.
that bum bumfit cost us winning the superbowl, and let the those bum ass broncos get in.
if not for that we had an okay team that should have won the superbowl.
it's okay tho,....
we may win this year, or the next.

if this year the nfl is plagued by key injuries. we always win the toughman marathon superbowl year, so we could win off that alone, too.

we winning a superbowl in the next three years, tho..
i can feel it......

art barr

Edub

Veteran
Daps
YEAH, and the bengals were a childhood fav of mine, and boomer was my hero, too.

fukk the bungles, c00ner and bumfit.
that bum bumfit cost us winning the superbowl, and let the those bum ass broncos get in.
if not for that we had an okay team that should have won the superbowl.
it's okay tho,....
we may win this year, or the next.

if this year the nfl is plagued by key injuries. we always win the toughman marathon superbowl year, so we could win off that alone, too.

we winning a superbowl in the next three years, tho..
i can feel it......

art barr
But what about icky woods and his son resting in peace:mjcry:...as a youngin Joe Montana had me locked in my bedroom shedding tears....we can't give up now. But yea, fukk boomer, his cac ass think he's nypd now....he went to the Jets and joined the clan....but he didn't leave the nfl a Bengal...fukk him

But in the inverse wisdom of @DonKnock it's gotta be fukk da steelers:pacspit:

And may joey porter catch the GOUT...fukk em:ohlawd:

DonKnock

KPJ Gonna Save Us
Daps
Reppin
Houston
But what about icky woods and his son resting in peace:mjcry:...as a youngin Joe Montana had me locked in my bedroom shedding tears....we can't give up now. But yea, fukk boomer, his cac ass think he's nypd now....he went to the Jets and joined the clan....but he didn't leave the nfl a Bengal...fukk him

But in the inverse wisdom of @DonKnock it's gotta be fukk da steelers:pacspit:

And may joey porter catch the GOUT...fukk em:ohlawd:
:sas2:

:DKLean: