How would you handle this situation? (Dating situation)

Sex Luthor

I'm like kryptonite to these thots
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NOLA
Say you and a girl you're attracted to are hitting it off and everything is going good. Y'all are dating so you're talking almost every day and going out once a week. She's feeling you just as much as you're feeling her.

Y'all are talking one day and she brings up religion. What she believes in is not what you believe in at all. She feels strongly about her religion and isn't afraid to talk about it. She isn't trying to convince you to convert or anything but she really don't fukk with what you believe in. Would you continue to try to be with her or would you end it before this topic becomes a problem?

Sex Luthor

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NOLA
What are your intentions? If you want to wife, then you need to send her on her way, unless one of you is willing to compromise.

If you just want to smash, just avoid the topic.
My lil cousin asked me for advice and never been thru this before. He's 20 and he's dating a chick that's Christian as fukk and he agnostic. He said they click in every way except that and it's important to her. He don't want to waste his time and energy on something that won't work but he's really feeling her basically

Sex Luthor

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NOLA
Nope, I don’t mess with it. Dated a Pentecostal chick years ago who only wore skirts and even refused to watch Harry Potter (because of wITChCraft :comeon:). Never again.
That's what I was thinking but I don't want to tell him he should bush her if he's really feeling her. Religion isn't something you can fake in a relationship with someone that's really into theirs

Jay Kast

Hidden Royalty
Daps
Reppin
Flint, MI
Most common religious beliefs that are the most alienating are also the least followed, coincidentally. (I.E. no sex before marriage in Christianity)

In all actuality, if you are a good decent human being - you should be compatible with nearly any religion there is. :yeshrug:

buzzkill

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Nap -> ATL
breh fukk all that if he found a good chick tell him to keep dating her. if she isnt trying to convert him and they enjoy each other's company why not. Just respect her religion and don't push his beliefs on her either. They might even learn something from each other. If they respect each others views and he's a virtuous man it shouldn't be an issue.

Kiyoshi-Dono

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Petty Vandross.. fukk Yall
The questions y’all ask:russ:
This is basic common sense shyt
Why waste your time if you aren’t true to yourself:mjlol:
Trying to put square blocks in triangle holes is plan stupid:mjlol:
This is where nikkas are scared to lose and suffer from scarcity syndrome :francis:
Conforming or trying to appease a bytch will always lead to disaster
You two are not as compatible as you think:francis:
There are two things in this world that can’t be overcome
A person’s politically view
Religious view
True people “say” they can change their political views
But I promise you, old habits die hard:francis:
The same with religion
If you are not going to convert to her “families” religion
Yes nikka when you date a woman, you are dating everybody in her circle
And if her family is about some shyt
They definitely will look at you sideways if you are not going to convert
These two things rarely if ever have a middle ground and people are not as progressive as they claim to be
Cut your losses now or be prepared for heartbreak later :francis:

YaThreadFloppedB!

The Patron Saint of Threads
Daps
Reppin
The Bushes
Say you and a girl you're attracted to are hitting it off and everything is going good. Y'all are dating so you're talking almost every day and going out once a week. She's feeling you just as much as you're feeling her.

Y'all are talking one day and she brings up religion. What she believes in is not what you believe in at all. She feels strongly about her religion and isn't afraid to talk about it. She isn't trying to convince you to convert or anything but she really don't fukk with what you believe in. Would you continue to try to be with her or would you end it before this topic becomes a problem?
Believe in what you believe in and let her believe in whatever she wants to. As long as there is mutual respect for each other’s faith then there shouldn’t be any huge issue unless y’all disagree on what faith to raise your possible kids in.

My best relationship was a Muslim chick from Guyana and I would still be dating her (possibly married even) if she didn’t relocate back to NYC.

I couldn’t imagine writing someone I vibe and and connect with off because they don’t pray like me.