HTTPS Questions

Rice N Beans

Junior Hayley Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
With Uncle Sam currently :demonic: with our privacy, I noticed that the site (seemingly) doesn't have any HTTPS support. I thought it would be good to implement support for it initially and perhaps even default to using it in the near future.

Preliminary issues that came to mind: As far as I know, Tapatalk can browse/use HTTPS enabled forums. vBulletin also supports, to my knowledge, HTTPS on their forum software.

I'm pretty sure you are aware of the benefits with this. Security, encryption, blah blah etc etc.

I think it'd be good to have, further making this friendly place more friendly to friends and friend's friends who's friends don't friend with friends who friend that friend with third party friends. :demonic:

Rice N Beans

Junior Hayley Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
Forgot I made this. Ok maybe not default to, but can we at least have the option for? Any things that prevent this from being implemented? Am I gay? Just a response is good enough. :noah:

cook

Banned
Daps
what data are you transferring that needs to be secure? especially when everything is posted publicly anyways?

Rice N Beans

Junior Hayley Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
what data are you transferring that needs to be secure? especially when everything is posted publicly anyways?

You bring up a good point and I thought of it in that way as well. I just think it would be nice for preference if it was offered. If it's too out of the way I understand. :ld:

EDIT: Let me just say that I think having the option for users or lurkers to browse the site in a secure method is a good look to have. I prefer having the security benefit if it is offered to me. Not sure how the majority of the users feels. If it takes too much to do, I understand. If it's an easier thing to accomplish, I see nothing wrong with having the option available to users if they so please.