Husband catches wife cheating, he cheats back, now she’s salty.

ItsPeople

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

AITAH for not telling my wife that I knew she cheated a decade ago and not wanting to stop cheating?

About a decade ago, My friend discovered my(43M) wife(43F) with another man in a bar being lovey dovey. He informed me about it and showed me the photos. I wanted to confront her but my friend told me to prepare for divorce before doing anything. I booked an appointment and even drew papers. But I never served her. My confidence was in the toilet and I decided to find another woman first before divorcing her. Which I am now being told has a name, its is called monkey branching.

When I started my own affair I decided to end the marriage after Christmas, then it became new year. My next deadline was after kids birthdays, but I never pulled the trigger. I realized that I like my life. I get to have fun with other women while not worrying about relationship things with them. I have a steady gf for past 4 years who knows about my wife. Initially I dont think my wife even noticed that I was having an affair, most likely because she was busy with hers. Then it became new normal that I will be gone with my buddy on hikes and stuff.

My friend always covered for me, but his wife found out few months ago and told my wife. My wife confronted me and I just told her I knew about her affair and I even have a photo. She was shocked and then started crying. I thought she will get off my back after that but no, she told me that affair was a mistake and she got carried away and stopped it. I told her I dont really care to know about her affair.

She asked me to go to couples therapy which I refused, she has started individual therapy. Her therapist is feeding her mind with rubbish. She came and told me that I need to cut off my GF and work on our marriage. She said she has made a mistake but she is creating boundaries for herself and I should respect them. I said fine I will cut off things with Gf.

I obviously was not gonna cut off my GF just because my wife told me to, but I decided to keep things down low but she caught me again. I guess she has become very vigilant. She gave me an ultimatum, I said fine. She didnt believe me and she was not wrong.

She asked me what I want in exchange and I told her that I like my life. I am not gonna change it one bit and definitely not because she wants me to. I like spending time with my GF and I will continue to do so as long as I want. I just want her to be a wife that she has been for past decade and dont come in my way. She asked me what I will do if she comes in my way. I said I will just go around her.

She said I cant keep punishing her for one mistake and I didnt say anything in return. I am not really punishing her, she is punishing herself, all she has to do is enjoy her life like she did for the past decade. Turn a blind eye and not care. I dont even mind if she gets a side piece for herself. As long as she is good domestic partner I am not gonna leave her and definitely not till the kids are out of the house.

I am not doing anything she hasnt done so I dont see why she is so upset.

**Side Note** what is "AmITheAngel" ?

Umoja

Veteran
Daps
:russell:

When I started my own affair I decided to end the marriage after Christmas, then it became new year. My next deadline was after kids birthdays, but I never pulled the trigger. I realized that I like my life. I get to have fun with other women while not worrying about relationship things with them.

90% of the stories in that subreddit are a crock of shyt. The biggest red flags are the clearly sociopathic remarks designed to get people riled up by how selfish the OP is being.

Daps
Yall think it's ducktales but this is the first story that actually sounds believable. Homie don't want to go through the divorce process and have to pay out and get partial custody of the children so he just chilling and cheating too.

And women are MASTERS at being hypocrites, doing something and then getting angry and upset when you do it.

This is very believable. And of course the gf knowing about his wife, yall know that's believable. Women love spending time with another woman's man. Ask me how i know. :sas2:

Umoja

Veteran
Daps
Yall think it's ducktales but this is the first story that actually sounds believable. Homie don't want to go through the divorce process and have to pay out and get partial custody of the children so he just chilling and cheating too.

And women are MASTERS at being hypocrites, doing something and then getting angry and upset when you do it.

This is very believable. And of course the gf knowing about his wife, yall know that's believable. Women love spending time with another woman's man. Ask me how i know. :sas2:
You are a retard.

Mordith

H.E.N.R.Y.
Daps
Reppin
Cobb County
If this is real dude is a pussay. Either way Divorce is in his future and I would be damned that I would put my fate in a cheating whore's hands vs pulling the trigger myself:childplease:

hood b. goode

shytposter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ProSports: NOLA. College: UMich. Europe: Arsenal

You are a retard.

This post combo had me dead
laughing-hysterically-laugh.gif

The Half-Blood FKA Prince

Shroom gummies, liquor and destiny
Daps
What a fantastic piece of fiction. It kept me entertained, 5 stars :clap:
Almost certainly :duck: but shyt like this still happens every single day man.

Personally id just leave the chick. If u happy with dating again and found some peace with someone new why jeopardize that by keeping an unloyal and problematic chick around especially now that u done hurt her? She isnt going to view it as just her karma. That would require accountability. And if she had that to begin with yall wouldnt be in this mess right now.

And trust me even for :duck: this shyt tame. Truth sometimes is MUCH much stranger than fiction :unimpressed: