I can't deadlift/squat I'm done

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
The center of mass of the barbell and your body’s center of mass must be directly in line with your balance point–the middle of the foot.

This is what I think makes is my problem. In the video I posted I was lifting very light (205) but I still had a huge urge to learn forward for balance
That's the thing, because you are sitting "back" your center point is that forward. Once you begin moving that point back your alignment will be better.

semtex

:)
Daps
There are lots of ways to hit those same muscles. Hell you might even gain a better understanding of the squat and deadlift by doing similar movements. Especially Romanian deadlifts and KB/DB swings

Luck

The one true gym gawd...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Sit the bar higher on top of your traps not lower, you're doing low bar squats already which is why you're leaning forward. You're supposed to be straight up when you set yourself, looked like your were doing good mornings at first

Bring your feet in to just outside of shoulder with and point your toes slightly outward.

Old squat video I did here

You can see how long I am so having long legs isn't really a valid excuse

But on the dead lift side of things, Now I really only do Romanian and stiff leg deads and I seem to get better results. Regular deads aren't really mandatory like squats are in my honest opinion. I get work my glutes, hams and lower back better with the aforementioned lifts. With traditional deads you'll get more quad work but that can be compensated by doing leg presses or hack squats. I usually super set still legs and leg press for that reason

TNOT

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NOLA
Sit the bar higher on top of your traps not lower, you're doing low bar squats already which is why you're leaning forward. You're supposed to be straight up when you set yourself, looked like your were doing good mornings at first

Bring your feet in to just outside of shoulder with and point your toes slightly outward.

But on the dead lift side of things, Now I really only do Romanian and stiff leg deads and I seem to get better results. Regular deads aren't really mandatory like squats are in my honest opinion. I get work my glutes, hams and lower back better with the aforementioned lifts. With traditional deads you'll get more quad work but that can be compensated by doing leg presses or hack squats. I usually super set still legs and leg press for that reason

Looks similar to current squat. Since it's an old video have you modified your squat

TNOT

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NOLA

Last edited:

HE_Pennypacker

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Australia
If you can't box squat, you can do Romanian Deadlift or push the prowler to work the movement. And add leg curls + lunges. Or just use the leg press.