I can't objectively reccomend getting a PS4 over an XB1 right now

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
In response to the constant console wars (which I completely understand will continue no matter what because brand loyalty will always exist) I thought about it for a minute and have come to the conclusion that I wouldn't be able to recommend getting a PS4 over an XB1 to anyone looking at buying a next gen system today.

Granted, Sony is killing it, and will continue to do so for the foreseeable future, but I'm one to believe that this is due largely to the fact of how terribly MS handled the launch of the XB1. They were shoving Kinect down everyone's throat and were backpedaling like mad when gamers started an uproar about the always online plans they had for the console. To make matters worse, they came out the gate $100 higher than their direct competition which to the PS4's credit, it came out with a very easy to understand console, under a brand that people worldwide respect highly in the video game market.

Fast forward to today, and the XB1 can be purchased everywhere with several games (Great games by the way) bundled with it often times for less than you would pay for a PS4. When you think of the best games of this gen, you will begin to mention multi-platform games. (Unless you're one of those guys that purposely only lists console exclusives for the sake of arguing. (Yeah, yeah, we know you had fun with Bloodborne, but we had much more fun with Metal Gear Solid V and Fallout 4 but those games get dismissed all the time because they're available on that other console you hate)

So yes, while MS royally screwed up the launch, TODAY, if you were to buy an XB1 over a PS4, you would not really be missing out on anything special. Sure, Bloodborne and Until Dawn are cool, but they definitely aren't console sellers. Also, the XB1 has a hard time hitting 1080p for whatever reason, and we all get a laugh out of that, but can the vast majority of gamers really pick out the difference between 900p and 1080p? Even if they could, is it really impacting the overall experience?

So if someone asks me today, "Which console should I get?"

First, the one the majority of your friends have if you plan on playing with them. Second, which ever one has the best deal at the time, because regardless of which console you get, at the end of the day, you'll be playing the same games as everyone else with more or less the same experience. I prefer PS4 because I'm loyal to the Sony brand because I grew up in the glory days of the PS1 and PS2, but I could definitely see why people would buy an XB1.

:leostare:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Cliff notes: Xbots and PStans are playing the same games. Buy the cheaper console and enjoy these games like the rest of them.

Is there a link to that article or did you write that?

Why pay the same for weaker versions?

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Is there a link to that article or did you write that?

Why pay the same for weaker versions?
I wrote it.
Why pay for weaker versions?
I hear you, but when we say weaker we aren't talking 16 bit versus 64 bit. The differences in reality are often negligible.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
fukk Xbox

TWO TIMES!

tumblr_lqnl8f7O9H1qh4nf6o1_400.gif

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
inb4 courtdog
We ran him out of here a while ago....which to be honest...I think he stopped coming around the arcadium recently only because he's avoiding that WOAT tag under his name he so rightfully deserves. I suspect he'll pop back up early 2016.