I challenge you to find me a trio that is better than D'Evils, Liquid Swords and N.Y. State of Mind!

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
Can I live, Life's a bytch and C.R.E.A.M. to stick to the subject, this is a really hard question.

Or to just flip it completely we could go west coast and say
Dear Mama, Nuthing but a g thang and Straight outta compton.

or late 80s and say
Paid in full, Ain't no half steppin and fukk the police

Or mid-early 80s and say
Sucker Mc's, The message and La di da di

Southern and say
Mind playing tricks on me, Elevators and The Formula

or very early 90s NY and say
T.R.O.Y., Fight The Power and Scenario

It's an impossible question.

Last edited:

H.S.

All Star
Daps
Bu Bu Bu But....NY State of Mind 2 is better than the 1st:noah:

I take a nikka dough, send him home to a shoebox. :stopitslime:
You lost that nikka I put your dollar in the jukebox. :ahh:

lol I swear NYSOM Pt. 2 is the sole reason I still want to put an old jukebox in the crib. It's at least as good as the original, and that's saying something.

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
Bu Bu Bu But....NY State of Mind 2 is better than the 1st:noah:

i was just thinking this today :upsetfavre:

I take a nikka dough, send him home to a shoebox. :stopitslime:
You lost that nikka I put your dollar in the jukebox. :ahh:

lol I swear NYSOM Pt. 2 is the sole reason I still want to put an old jukebox in the crib. It's at least as good as the original, and that's saying something.
It's not as good as the original, but its a worthy successor. Which is saying a lot given NYSOM is an all-time GOAT hip hop song.
I was thinking about this issue (how difficult it can be to make a remix/sequel to a classic song) this week when I was listening to Doe or Die and Food or Liquor.
Sugar Hill remix? :yeshrug:
Kick Push 2? :scusthov:
Even something like the Elevators ONP remix was :manny:
Born to Live OK remix? :yeshrug:

H.S.

All Star
Daps
But on topic:

Nas - "Take It In Blood"
Jay-Z - "Bring It On"
Mobb Deep - "Give Up the Goods"

Sorry Gza :sadcam:

KyokushinKarateMan

Train hard, fight easy
Daps
Reppin
U.S.

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
NYSOM is still haunting to this day, but I always thought "The World Is Yours" was "the one" from his debut.
eh, not to me.. but I wouldnt argue it

That's the craziest thing with that fukking album, almost every song is a song that few people would argue against if they were on any top 20 of all time lists.

eerieBell

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Da Magnolia
all three are east coast tracks :takedat:

:lolbron: at these cats putting other tracks of Hov and Godson to compete, I picked two their best tracks :pachaha: just try with something else:pacspit:

I'd say Rainy Dayz, Ice Cream, Tonight's Da Night and Aquemini come close but that's it :ld:not sure why u randomly pickin 80's tracks, I can't name 1 track from that era that can compete, smh

i'm tryina think of Ghostface track that seems worthy enough, also there's a few tracks from The Infamous (Eye for an Eye, Survival of the Fittest, shook ones II) and HoE (Hell on earth/front lines, Apostle's warning, nighttime vultures) which are close but not as simbolic

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
all three are east coast tracks :takedat:

:lolbron: at these cats putting other tracks of Hov and Godson to compete, I picked two their best tracks :pachaha: just try with something else:pacspit:

I'd say Rainy Dayz, Ice Cream, Tonight's Da Night and Aquemini come close but that's it :ld:not sure why u randomly pickin 80's tracks, I can't name 1 track from that era that can compete, smh

i'm tryina think of Ghostface track that seems worthy enough, also there's a few tracks from The Infamous (Eye for an Eye, Survival of the Fittest, shook ones II) and HoE (Hell on earth/front lines, Apostle's warning, nighttime vultures) which are close but not as simbolic
Are you really telling me that Straight outta compton can't compete? Perhaps not lyrically but musically, creatively, flow wise, the rawness, the amount of classic lines that just makes you feel :blessed: every time you hear the song, I mean just the whole thing.

And Paid in full, most likely one of the best verses of all times, better than any verse on any song you mentioned imo.

And FYI, I'm not old wasn't even born when paid in full was released.
Just came up in a home of hiphop heads and been doing my googles since the late 90s.