I don't see the problem with cutting off from people. Others seem to disagree with me.

kwazzy100

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
In situations where you don't think a certain person(s), whether it's a ex, a "friend", or someone you associate with during a weekly basis, treats you in a way you want to be treated, I don't see a problem having little to no contact at all. However, I would say I haven't always thought like this, there were some people that would rather not continue talking to me. For years I have learned that many people do this, but when I tell other people that's what I do, they look at me strange.
I have a cac friend, middle school friend, that can't get over his ex-girlfriend of like 3-5 years, and he'll tell me how she's been dealing with depression and during their final stages, she'll treat him like shyt and say harsh things to him. Almost everyday he'll call me on the phone late at night about his problems. He once asked me what I've done in a breakup and I told him that I straight up stop talking to them. He said I was weird for doing that. Can The Coli tell me what's the big issue?

tl;dr : I've cut contact with lots of people in my life and I don't see the problem. Why do people think Im weird for doing so?

JustDoTheWork

Rookie
Resting in Peace
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the unemployment line
i don't see the issue.

some might see how you're moving and call that "ghosting" a person, and that's something most people don't want to experience, so when seeing what you're doing, they consider you weird for doing that.

i know for myself, recently i've made a mental list of those that are real true friends and those that are merely acquaintances. the difference is really lines of communication; i rarely give myself clearance to actually vent and express internal turmoil, because i'm the one that everyone vents to since their close friends don't have that in them to endure that. alas, it's a Pagliacci clown situation; i'm the therapist to all, but who's my therapist?

basically, those who are real with you give you balance and upliftment, while those who don't won't get feedback. most people are in a fog about who they're real with, and who they're not real with. seems you have that figured out, and that makes you an outlier for now.

kwazzy100

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
As times goes and I mature, I find it much easier to cut off toxic people especially when their actions actually sharpen the scissors. :yeshrug:

That's also the thing, if I continue to talk to certain people I know they ain't shyt, they're not worth the time in the long run. I'd feel like I wasted energy giving them attention.

Lýba'rhaésheýun

Tha Blaq Lýba'rhaésheýun Nhetwerqq
Daps
Reppin
Miami
Kinda bullshyt name is that . if you knew real words instead of that n0ndense I would be a millionaire

Most pro black folk embrace africa african names history ect... i embraced my current own kind and culture, not all but certain aspects of african america "ghettoness" the way we pronunce and spell words is of our own creation and style so that's what rock wit...

And mine u, jamaican patwa is literally broken bad english but its cool cuz we think of it differentially then what my kind does.

Daps
Reppin
RENO, Nevada
Most pro black folk embrace africa african names history ect... i embraced my current own kind and culture, not all but certain aspects of african america "ghettoness" the way we pronunce and spell words is of our own creation and style so that's what rock wit...

And mine u, jamaican patwa is literally broken bad english but its cool cuz we think of it differentially then what my kind does.
Taco Bell is underrated?