I encourage black men to have more than one stream of income

BrandonBanks

Arab Money
Daps
Why do so many black men take offense to this. Even if you have a job, yes you should have at least one other stream of income. Legal of course.

Even rich or wealthy people tend to have more than one stream of income. Even if you're wealthy you still should be having multiple ways to make more money.

Generally black men do not consider going the entrepreneur route so, if being self employed is not for you, if you'd rather work for someone else, then at least have TWO streams of income if not more. At least have something going on income-wise outside of that job. U could lose that job....and even if u dont, why wouldnt u want to get as much money as possible?

I do all type of shyt (which is why i dont post much), i fix computers, wholesale houses, sell items online, i train ppl at the gym on base to get them ready for basic training , i have money invested in diff ventures (not any pyramid scheme type shyt, always research before investing in ANYTHING).

Your side shyt can even be some online shyt as long as it's legitimate. nikkas are willing to put down $250 easily every couple of months for the new sneaker releases, but won't put up money for valuable information that can help them start their own business or help them learn what to legitimate avenues to invest in to make more money. Many run our mouth about what we're gonna do, what others need to do, or what needs to change, but when it's time to put money up for what we WANT to change, we get quiet or make excuses for why we "ain't got it". Nobodys gonna take that shyt serious. U talking about "the white man" and "the system" but you only have one source of income coming in instead of two, and you dont even invest your money in anything....

All these nikkas all over the map who love kicks so much, taking pics of them and putting them on social media etc but hardly any of them own their own shoe store or even invest any money in stock. Completely cool with working their one little grocery store, fast food, or retail job. No side jobs or investments. Etc. No thoughts to save & start up their own small business etc.

Your income is supposed to serve as leverage. Money is not only meant to be spent but also meant to make more money. We all consume in some way, but you should also be using some of your money to make more money. A lot of black men dont know what money is really for

Grown men who know nothing about business or investments. As soon as they get their check, blow it on shoes, clothes, and other shyt with no real value.

A lot of brehs my age like kicks but would never think to get togther and put their money up to open a shoe store or any type of store. I went to school with an Arab breh who now owns a sneaker store in my hometown at 24. I can't think of a local young or even middle aged black man who owns a shoe store or any store or company but plenty of them have colorful Jordans, KDs, etc

Most black men are complacent now. As a collective, we are ok with being the fry cook, the cart getter, or working in retail, even well into our fukkin 30s, and on top of that, have no side income to supplement those wack jobs. Working one wack job that a teenager should be working at, then if u lose it, living off of unemployment until you find another wack job because u have nothing else going on, has become the norm. Getting into investments or having side jobs while u work your main job and letting your money grow is a good thing if you can manage it

MrPentatonic

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
For those who are of sound mental ability & able financially able to, many are complacent & can't control their impulses. Some are cool with how much they earn aswell.

No amount of telling them to change will help them until they actual want to in my experience. Goes with a lot of other things too

You speaking 100% facts though.

Skrilla

MVP
Daps
Reppin
Cali
One problem is that black men generally do not strive for education past high school and when we do, it's usually Associates and we stop there and just work a regular job instead of going for long term careers. Only around 17% of us get our bachelor's degree. That's a very low number, it's lower than all other men in america.

More black men should go into IT, or become doctors, lawyers, etc. I know its not for everyone but it doesnt make sense for so many black men to just disregard getting their degree and be satisfied working a low paying job forever. Black men need to aim for good paying careers and as u said, STILL have something going on as a side gig. Even if i was making like 250k, i would STILL be making investments while i work.

I honestly think more black men need to go the entrepreneurial route but i think we are a LONG way from that, because currently a lot of dudes don't even have the discipline to even save up to get to that point. It takes a lot of hard work, discipline, and sacrifice to have your own thriving business. And you don't have to be a genius to do it but u typically do need to have at least some experience and credentials. But anyway black men need to focus on having as much streams of legal income as we can. Why limit yourself to just having one low paying job and then complain about being broke?? Its also too many black men shacking up with women for additional income instead of just taking on a 2nd job. I've seen some chicks on here get attacked for saying it but they didnt lie.

And what good is having all those sneakers, clothes, etc if you don't own anything. It's like being a grown man with a lot of toys but no house, or money in the bank. I don't knock nikkas who live at home, its fine if you're doing it while you're going to school or working and saving your money up, but what doesn' t make sense is working a fast food or retail type job, then spending your checks on the new Js, bottles, studio time, and shyt like that. You walking around fresh but have no money saved, or very little saved. It's better to own houses, property, etc than to own a bunch of $300 shoes and clothes but still living in your mom's house working at McDonald's.

A chick i'm friends with got her masters some months ago and i was surprised at the low amount of black men graduating. I used to not believe that we have lower graduation rates but i see it time and time again and it's not "propaganda" to me anymore. It's the truth. Every other group, male and female, had a decent to high number of representation, but i can count on one hand the amount of black men who were graduating.

Last edited:

JerseyFinest!

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Trenton, New Jerz
One problem is that black men generally do not strive for education past high school and when we do, it's usually Associates and we stop there and just work a regular job instead of going for long term careers. Only around 17% of us get our bachelor's degree. That's a very low number, it's lower than all other men in america.

More black men should go into IT, or become doctors, lawyers, etc. I know its not for everyone but it doesnt make sense for so many black men to just disregard getting their degree and be satisfied working a low paying job forever. Black men need to aim for good paying careers and as u said, STILL have something going on as a side gig. Even if i was making like 250k, i would STILL be making investments while i work.

I honestly think more black men need to go the entrepreneurial route but i think we are a LONG way from that, because currently a lot of dudes don't even have the discipline to even save up to get to that point. It takes a lot of hard work, discipline, and sacrifice to have your own thriving business. And you don't have to be a genius to do it but u typically do need to have at least some experience and credentials. But anyway black men need to focus on having as much streams of legal income as we can. Why limit yourself to just having one low paying job and then complain about being broke?? Its also too many black men shacking up with women for additional income instead of just taking on a 2nd job. I've seen some chicks on here get attacked for saying it but they didnt lie.

And what good is having all those sneakers, clothes, etc if you don't own anything. It's like being a grown man with a lot of toys but no house, or money in the bank. I don't knock nikkas who live at home, its fine if you're doing it while you're going to school or working and saving your money up, but what doesn' t make sense is working a fast food or retail type job, then spending your checks on the new Js, bottles, studio time, and shyt like that. You walking around fresh but have no money saved, or very little saved. It's better to own houses, property, etc than to own a bunch of $300 shoes and clothes but still living in your mom's house working at McDonald's.

A chick i'm friends with got her masters some months ago and i was surprised at the low amount of black men graduating. I used to not believe that we have lower graduation rates but i see it time and time again and it's not "propaganda" to me anymore. It's the truth. Every other group, male and female, had a decent to high number of representation, but i can count on one hand the amount of black men who were graduating.

You're absolutely on-point, but this is common Knowledge...

My motto is if you don't have any real advice, You can't condemn anybody about their vices.
it's always good to have a Degree, because that shows you have the ability to commit to something and finish.
other then that, honestly in 2016 having a Degree doesn't even hold the same weight, especially just sitting on a bachelors. IMO it's all about Knowledge and Networking, Dudes don't like to read and research.