I find it interesting that you guys are praising Jay-Z pro black economic growth ideas on 4:44

WheatThins

All Star
Daps
tbh, its more black people working at spotify in NYC than black people working at Tidal in Sweden or some shyt

also, spotify hosts monthly events centered around music for students and inner city kids at their nyc office, like a youth musical think tank of sorts. i'll spend my money there before tidal, regardless of who is the face.

KillerB88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL - Cleveland Ave.
Breaking news yall, bloomberg, rueters, business wire , ny times, bill board and every media entity thats been reporting on this for 2 years and even Aspiro and the project panther rep themselves in their press releases got it wrong.. DialM from the Coli read the same filing online everyone has access too and determined Jay Z's employee, Jay Brown not Jay himself owns Tidal.. :stopitslime:

You're embarrassing yourself at this point with your lack of business knowledge. Obviously Jay brown, who works for Jay z, was in charge of organizing the company and the initial incorporation filing. That's why he is listed on there. The only purpose of the company was to facilitate the acquisition of Aspiro by s carter enterprises which has been completed. Here are some white owned media sources so your c00n ass will believe it.

Aspiro itself issued the following statement at the time it was being bought:

"This statement is made by the Independent Bid Committee[1] of Aspiro AB (publ) ("Aspiro" or the "Company") pursuant to section II.19 of the Rules concerning Public Takeover Offers on the Stock Market adopted by Nasdaq Stockholm (the "Takeover Rules").

On 30 January 2015, Project Panther Bidco Ltd ("Panther"), indirectly owned by S. Carter Enterprises, LLC (“SCE”), has, through a press release, announced a public offer to the shareholders of Aspiro to tender all shares in the Company to Panther for a consideration of SEK 1.05 per share in Aspiro (the "Offer").[2] "
Aspiro: Statement by Aspiro’s independent bid committee in relation to Project Panther Bidco’s public takeover offer

"Jay Z, whose real name is Shawn Carter, made his offer for Aspiro in late January through an entity he controls, Project Panther Bidco. Aspiro shareholders had until Wednesday to consider the offer, which needed 90 percent approval for Project Panther to take it over."
Jay Z Buys the Music Streaming Firm, Aspiro

"Project Panther Bidco, Ltd ("Panther"), an entity controlled by S. Carter Enterprises, LLC ("SCE") is pursuing a possible acquisition of Aspiro AB ("Aspiro"), based in Sweden."
Jay Z Gets Into Streaming With $56 Million Bid for Spotify Rival
YOU DUMBASS!!!! That still proves that OTHER entities could have put cash in via Project Panther to acquire Aspiro. You still have disproven nothing. Why don't you get that????

mr x

Superstar
Daps
The funny thing is...Black people are so blind to what real wealth is...that when White people wanna sell overpriced shyt to nikkas, they'll go make a Black person a brand ambassador...

Jay Z doesn't own Tidal or RocNation outright...

Jay Z sold a third of his shares Tidal to Sprint, then the artists got shares in it.

RocNation is in partnership with....Live Nation and Universal Music

Roc Nation Sport is in partnership with Creative Artists Agency

nikkas need to stop letting these bullshyt as Pro-Black preachers make it seem like they are "independent" when most of these nikkas value is selling shyt to Black people and they are just glorified spokesmen and shyt...

These nikkas relationship with White people is fukking chummy as fukk...they ain't bucking no system...they actually perpetuate celebrity worship and striving by not telling the fukking truth...

When Jay Z was bragging about owning the Nets and this nikka didn't even own 2 percent of that shyt...yall nikkas should've known what the game is...

But nah...nikkas like hearing bullshyt from famous nikkas...instead of actual academics and people with training...

Roc split with caa over 2 yrs ago.
What Happens Now That Roc Nation Sports And CAA Split

Cynic

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
These rich black folks just donate to black causes, say a canned statement and we automatically assume their pro black.

When that picture of Tidal employees dropped a couple years ago I didn't see not one black person. shyt might've changed , idk. If it wasn't for all these black entertainers gassing up all that luxury white and asian products most black peoples wouldn't know what they was to begin with. I dnt hear Justin Bieber shouting out luxury brands or Taylor Swift. Only rappers like him doing 10+ years of luxury white brand name dropping and noooow they want to change the tide. :comeon:

Do what best for you and your family. If it's equal or better product go black, if not do what's best for you.

What do you want them to do ? Donating isn't enough now ?

Tidal was based in a Nordic country...how many black people in tech do you think
there are in Norway/Sweden ?

Justin Beiber and Taylor Swift aren't rappers. What brands do you see
Usher and Rkelly singing about ? or better yet Michael Jackson and Whitney?

Why can't they switch up now ? What's wrong with changing the tide ?

Creflo ½ Dollar

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
GA
What do you want them to do ? Donating isn't enough now ?

Tidal was based in a Nordic country...how many black people in tech do you think
there are in Norway/Sweden ?

Justin Beiber and Taylor Swift aren't rappers. What brands do you see
Usher and Rkelly singing about ? or better yet Michael Jackson and Whitney?

Why can't they switch up now ? What's wrong with changing the tide ?

It is enough. They aren't obligated to do anything just because there black and just like we are not obligated to get tidal and shyt because Jay-Z black. Bill Gates and any other philanthropist donates to a lot of causes to help black people but we dnt label them pro black. Shoutout to Jay-Z and Beyoncé for doing what they do but we shouldn't put them on a pedestal. Being pro black is hip now plan and simple. All the other real pro black artists who was really speaking that shyt when it wasn't hip dnt get the same love today, instead they are old and forgotten (prolly broke) that because being "woke" wasn't popping back then. We shouldn't give them no more credit than we give anybody else who donates. Donald Sterling got the NAACP award because he donates. At the end of the day to answer your question I dnt give a damn what they do. Regardless of their intent long as it goes to good cause I guess it doesn't matter.

Tidal is still ran and maintained by a Norwegian company. So it still has majority white employees. Tidal is black owned yes but do that mean we should be guilt-tripped into buying it?

You missing the point breh. These rappers been shoving all these luxury white brands down our throats for decades. I dnt see any white artists big upping luxury black brands.

They can switch up and I hope they did. We shouldn't just support everything they do blindly because they are black tho. Im just stating how I feel about the situation. We might disagree and that's cool too

Cynic

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It is enough. They aren't obligated to do anything just because there black and just like we are not obligated to get tidal and shyt because Jay-Z black. Bill Gates and any other philanthropist donates to a lot of causes to help black people but we dnt label them pro black. Shoutout to Jay-Z and Beyoncé for doing what they do but we shouldn't put them on a pedestal. Being pro black is hip now plan and simple. All the other real pro black artists who was really speaking that shyt when it wasn't hip dnt get the same love today, instead they are old and forgotten (prolly broke) that because being "woke" wasn't popping back then. We shouldn't give them no more credit than we give anybody else who donates. Donald Sterling got the NAACP award because he donates. At the end of the day to answer your question I dnt give a damn what they do. Regardless of their intent long as it goes to good cause I guess it doesn't matter.

Perhaps they've always felt that way but couldn't express this
due to lack of clout early in their careers. Regardless of whether
it's "in" or not. I can still appreciate a few well placed jabs from
his perspective,

Tidal is still ran and maintained by a Norwegian company. So it still has majority white employees. Tidal is black owned yes but do that mean we should be guilt-tripped into buying it?

No guilt trip needed... I like HiFi audio and it has Princes catalog. :blessed:

You missing the point breh. These rappers been shoving all these luxury white brands down our throats for decades. I dnt see any white artists big upping luxury black brands.

No. You tried to compare rappers with singers ...show us the top black singers dropping luxury brand names

They can switch up and I hope they did. We shouldn't just support everything they do blindly because they are black tho. Im just stating how I feel about the situation. We might disagree and that's cool too

Nah support TidAL if you like GOAT audio, Jays catalog and Prince catalog.

I have both Tidal and Spotify. Sometimes I use deezer too but that's free :yeshrug:

Jesus Bhrist

All Star
Daps
Between the NBA, MLB, & the NFL there is 92 Teams & One Majority Black Owner....Think Bout that For a Second....Black People Love European Fashion Designers & Can't wait 2 visit Belgium, Paris, Amsterdam Or any Other European City, But are Opposed to going to Lagos, Nairobi,Abuja, Or Gaborone Etc...nikkaZ WILL SPEND 1,400$ ON SOME BALMAIN JEANS & AN ADDITIONAL 635$ FOR BALENCIAGAS BUT REFUSE TO GIVE TIDAL 9.99$ PER MONTH LOL, nikkaZ RATHER SPEND 1,200$ FOR A BENZ OR BMW CAR NOTE, nikkaz brag about spending 3 racks on a fukking man bag ( goyard )
Then nikkaz see the employees that work at tidal & say well he's not employing black people, but spend money with Apple Music & the Chairman , CEO, CFO, & COO , & Even the creative design officer are all white lol.... there's a lot of faux revolutionaries that seem to be having cognitive dissonance when dealing with these topics

newworldafro

DeeperThanRapBiggerThanHH
Daps
Reppin
In the Silver Lining
Has he donated to an HBCU before?

Has he ever worn an HBCU paraphanelia?

Had he ever attended last game of CIAA or MEAC in the front row?

Colin X

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Auburn
Has he donated to an HBCU before?

Has he ever worn an HBCU paraphanelia?

Had he ever attended last game of CIAA or MEAC in the front row?

Nicki Minaj is paying for black students tuition and fees straight up

Chance is putting his own money down for K-12 schools

But thecoli has no problem shytting on them:wow:

Bolzmark

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Dudes been complaining about the lack of entertainers speaking uo for tje people...Entertainers finally speaking on pro black stuff and now cats wanna say well its just whats hot now so dont pay it any mind...make up your fukkin minds

Yinny

Biracial a little bit
Daps
Reppin
Shangri-La
The only color Jay-Z cares about is green. I don't know where/why people act like he's some sort of "pro-black" advocate. And still not interested in Tidal, he'll be more than fine.