I got time, I'm going here today: the Post-LeBron East (2018-present)...

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
Because they're the reason we call it the "weak ass East" :manny:
Giannis, Embiid, Tatum, the East's Big 3...

Tatum I still give a little leeway to, his team has been arguably the best in the conference year in, year out, and he's younger than those two. But he also doesn't dominate to the degree they do...

The other two have a higher level of takeover mode but neither are dominating the conference...

So I can go for this answer, that the stars we expect to dominate are the reason people call the conference weak...

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
The Lakers were pretty much the only team that existed out West in The 80s..Magic went to The Finals 9 times. Beat on a lot of teams without a top 75 guy for the most part. Nobody made a big deal about the shyt

We’ve lost our perspective as a society :wow:

DID MAGIC GO 3-6 IN THOSE 9 FINALS?

:devil:
:evil:

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC

NO YOU MISSED THE POINT.

IF BRON HAD A WINNING
RECORD IN THOSE 9 FINALS
NO ONE WOULD BE MENTIONING
HE CAME OUT THE WEAK EAST

:devil:
:evil:

Magic's Finals career:

'80 (1-0): #2 on a champion, vs annual playoff choker Julius Erving and the 76ers

'82 (2-0): #2 on a champion, vs annual playoff choker Julius Erving and the 76ers

'83 (2-1): #2 on the Finalist, those choking 76ers were finally put over the hump by an All-Timer at his peak in Moses

'84 (2-2): #2 on Finalist, had his '11 LeBron moment before Bron was even born to a dynastic Celtics team (Tragic Johnson series)

'85 (1-0): first championship as a #1, got his get back vs a dynastic Celtics team

'87 (2-0): second ring as a #1, put the Celtics in the dirt for 20 years

'88 (3-0): third ring as a #1, b2b and put away the upstart Pistons

'89 (3-1): first Finals loss as a #1, those Pistons got they get back

'91 (3-2): second loss as a #1, carried a falling apart Lakers team to The Finals

Vs East LeBron's Finals career:

'07 (0-1): carried one of the worst Finals teams of All-Time to a Finals; Magic wasn't even a #1 in Y4, lost to the dynastic Spurs

'11 (0-2): had his '84 Magic moment, huge upset loss

'12 (1-2): won his first vs a Thunder team that rocked the defending champs and were a coin flip to win the series

'13 (2-2): got his second and his get back vs the Comeback Spurs

'14 (2-3): carried the fukking Heat all playoffs with an All-Time run with nothing from his co "stars", losing to one of the GOAT single season teams in the '14 Comeback Spurs

'15 (2-4): lost his #3 in Rd1, lost his #2 in OT of G1 Finals, and put on an All-Time Finals performance vs a 67-win dynastic GS team

'16 (3-4): gets his third ring and get back on dynastic Warriors with the greatest individual performance in basketball history, his '16 Finals is unmatched by anyone

'17 (3-5): dynastic Warriors beat him after adding another Top 3 player

'18 (3-6): dynastic Warriors win again

Magic Johnson is one of the greatest playoff performers ever. And yet he won two of his rings as a #2----->Bron was never a #2; got gifted said two rings vs an opponent widely known in real time as choking on the big stage---->Bron never faced an annual choker of an opponent in The Finals...

Magic has 3 rings as a #1, in 5 Finals runs as a #1. Bron went to The Finals almost twice as much as a #1, imagine if he got Harden's Rockets in two straight Finals, we'd be sitting here with a 6-4 overall Finals record instead of 4-6...

fifth column

Superstar
Daps
Magic's Finals career:

'80 (1-0): #2 on a champion, vs annual playoff choker Julius Erving and the 76ers

'82 (2-0): #2 on a champion, vs annual playoff choker Julius Erving and the 76ers

'83 (2-1): #2 on the Finalist, those choking 76ers were finally put over the hump by an All-Timer at his peak in Moses

'84 (2-2): #2 on Finalist, had his '11 LeBron moment before Bron was even born to a dynastic Celtics team (Tragic Johnson series)

'85 (1-0): first championship as a #1, got his get back vs a dynastic Celtics team

'87 (2-0): second ring as a #1, put the Celtics in the dirt for 20 years

'88 (3-0): third ring as a #1, b2b and put away the upstart Pistons

'89 (3-1): first Finals loss as a #1, those Pistons got they get back

'91 (3-2): second loss as a #1, carried a falling apart Lakers team to The Finals

Vs East LeBron's Finals career:

'07 (0-1): carried one of the worst Finals teams of All-Time to a Finals; Magic wasn't even a #1 in Y4, lost to the dynastic Spurs

'11 (0-2): had his '84 Magic moment, huge upset loss

'12 (1-2): won his first vs a Thunder team that rocked the defending champs and were a coin flip to win the series

'13 (2-2): got his second and his get back vs the Comeback Spurs

'14 (2-3): carried the fukking Heat all playoffs with an All-Time run with nothing from his co "stars", losing to one of the GOAT single season teams in the '14 Comeback Spurs

'15 (2-4): lost his #3 in Rd1, lost his #2 in OT of G1 Finals, and put on an All-Time Finals performance vs a 67-win dynastic GS team

'16 (3-4): gets his third ring and get back on dynastic Warriors with the greatest individual performance in basketball history, his '16 Finals is unmatched by anyone

'17 (3-5): dynastic Warriors beat him after adding another Top 3 player

'18 (3-6): dynastic Warriors win again

Magic Johnson is one of the greatest playoff performers ever. And yet he won two of his rings as a #2----->Bron was never a #2; got gifted said two rings vs an opponent widely known in real time as choking on the big stage---->Bron never faced an annual choker of an opponent in The Finals...

Magic has 3 rings as a #1, in 5 Finals runs as a #1. Bron went to The Finals almost twice as much as a #1, imagine if he got Harden's Rockets in two straight Finals, we'd be sitting here with a 6-4 overall Finals record instead of 4-6...
Did it ever occurred to you that maybe Lebron is the choking artist in most of his finals appearances. Let’s see

2007 played terrible and all games were close
2011 official choke label
2013 Ray Allen saved him from himself
2014 cramping up under pressure
2015 2-1 lead then let Steph win 3 straight
2016 Kyrie with the shot
2017 light work for KD
2018 fake broken hand

Lenaratives talking about #2 and stupid shyt

gtj1982

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
America's Darkside--210
2003-2018
15 years in The East, Bron went to 10 East Finals, including 8 consecutive ('11 to '18), 9 in 10 years ('09 to '18), and 10 in 12 years ('07 to '18). So for a dozen years, 12 of his 15 years there, he was pretty much a lock for The Final Four...

The East, and the entire league by proxy, was spotted his first 3 years that he was learning to be a great pro, and he lapped everyone. To this day, no one besides Russell has ever executed this kind of dominance as a #1, and I know how yall feel about Russell's era 😂...

LeBron in his East career, went 35-10 in total playoff series. That broke down into a 3-6 Finals record vs a 32-4 East record---->which itself broke down to 9-1 in the ECF; 10-3 in the Semis; and 13-0 in Rd1...

Why hasn't any player done this? I'm the last 26 years, why hasn't anyone else run this inferior conference to this degree?

•Chauncey Billups was a "star" in the sense he was the face of a franchise, but he was never on anyone's level. Still, he was the leader of a team that went to 5 consecutive ECFs in this period. His 13-4 (12-3 vs East teams) playoff record from 2004-08 is the closest thing comparable to Bron's 35-10 record...

•T-Wade went 22-10 in these 15 years; 19-8 vs East teams. His playoff record without LeBron in this time frame is pitiful---->homeboy was 14-2 with Bron as a teammate, undefeated vs The East (12-0), but just 8-8 without Bron, 8-7 vs The East. He definitely wasn't dominating the conference and some of you nikkas say he was better than Kobe at some point...

Just for reference in this same period of time that Wade was 8-8 without Bron, Bron was 21-8 without Wade...

•the Garnett/Pierce/Allen C's went 11-5 in 6 years, 2-2 to LeBron (2-3 including the Nets year), 10-4 vs the East. They were really good for 6 years but they weren't dominant outside of 2 years...

Pierce in particular spent his whole career out East so his East record on this frame of time was 13-9...

•Dwight was 6-6 overall, 6-5 in the East. But we know you guys value that one series his better team beat Bron's 🤣....

•Rose was 3-5 overall...

•Paul George was 5-6 overall...

•DeRozan and Lowry were 4-5...

And Melo never even made the ECF, so that speaks for itself...

If you add up all the stars total record in that 15 years, they had a 67-41 playoff record (.620) vs Bron's 35-10; they were a combined 4-12 vs Bron, but 63-29 vs The Field...

So we've established guys in this current post-Bron East can't dominate ut even though it's the inferior conference...

Guys in Bron's 2003-2018 East were terrible vs him and weren't dominating unless they were playing with him...

And guys before him, 1998-2003, in the weakest East ever, let Jason fukking Kidd run off two Finals in the same conference and era that had Iverson and McGrady abd Allen in their primes...

Time to kill the talking point that dominating a weak conference is something you could roll out of bed doing. Nobody else did it, nobody else is doing it....

Do you not think lebron is one of the best players of all time? Are the players you are comparing him to as good as him or did they have as good of teammates?

If I'm the best Mountain climber in the world it's still easier to climb Mount McKinley than Mt Everest.

I won't even touch on you listing players that are hurt every year.

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
Do you not think lebron is one of the best players of all time? Are the players you are comparing him to as good as him or did they have as good of teammates?

If I'm the best Mountain climber in the world it's still easier to climb Mount McKinley than Mt Everest.

I won't even touch on you listing players that are hurt every year.
I think LeBron is the greatest basketball player of all time...

I also think that because East GMs have typically constructed worse teams than West GMs, the top end competition in The East was inferior to the top end competition in The West...

I also know that The West always had bottom feeders as well, and I do not believe that just because LeBron was so dominant vs The East, he wouldn't have dominated The West in his youth. I don't even think that's a reasonable summation to make, given the fact we know the level of player he became in his first 15 years, + we know teams out West usually had better rosters. So LeBron in The West would have likely had better teams around him annually than he had in The East....

People knock his East resume to dismiss his championship success, but I don't think there's any reality he wins fewer than the 4 Championships he has; I do think there are a couple realities he wins more than 4 titles. Him out West, probably fewer than his 10 Finals appearances, but more than 4 rings; him out East as he was wins more than 4 in alternate realities if he just shows up in 2011 and has Kyrie and Love in 2015; if KD never shows up to GS he probably has one more in '17 or '18...

The actual real life results we have of Bron winning 4 titles is likely the only scenario he wins this few championships, given we know the level of player he became. And that's what gets me the most about cats who hate on Bron, dudes act like this dude, from an individual perspective, wasn't levitating above the field in his youth. That Guy, the guy he was in his youth, would have been dominating The West too, even if ultimately there were fewer Finals runs because The West had better top end teams...

Volt

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Rio
So LeBron in The West would have likely had better teams around him annually than he had in The East....
We can gauge this now that he's on the Lakers though.

Of course, this isn't Prime LeBron, but for roster-building purposes, all we need is his salary.

Did the Lakers manage to build a better team around him than, say, the Cavs spending roughly the same amount of money on him?