I have never seen anyone look down on smart kids in the black schools I went to.

Black Haven

We will find another road to glory!!!
Daps
I'm trying to figure out where you guys get this idea that black folks (black Americans to be exact) looked down or mocked extremely smart/book nerd kids in school because I never witnessed it. If anything what I seen was all the kids in school gave them props and complimented them on how intelligent they were,even the kids who gang banged or was in the streets gave them respect to the point were some were noticeably envying their continued success of getting good grade after good grade. Now I'm not trying to downplay anyone's experience, I'm just saying in my personal experience I haven't seen it.:yeshrug:

Anerdyblackguy

Gotta learn how to kill a nikka from the inside
Supporter
Daps
I agree 100 percent. I’ve never seen anybody get beaten up or made fun of because they were smart. In fact I’ve seen them get praise by teachers and they made good money by helping other students cheat.

Last edited:

Gold

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I agree OP, Smart kids werent looked down on where i went to school.

But, and i think this is what people are referring to, there were plenty kids who laughed at the idea of them themselves being smart or doing hw or studying, etc.

So yeah they didnt clown smart kids, but if u wanted to talk to them about certain subjects, they would be like... "fukk all that school shyt"

Black Haven

We will find another road to glory!!!
Daps
I agree OP, Smart kids werent looked down on where i went to school.

But, and i think this is what people are referring to, there were plenty kids who laughed at the idea of them themselves being smart or doing hw or studying, etc.

So yeah they didnt clown smart kids, but if u wanted to talk to them about certain subjects, they would be like... "fukk all that school shyt"
Now I did see this but it was usually because they didn't have the confidence in themselves to do the work so what they did was clown their selves to feel better:francis:

Larry Lambo

Superstar
Daps
Not heavily clowned, but I saw kids get teased for being in AP classes "with all the geeks".

Same thing with magnet/gifted programs.

If you were in the same classes as the "cool kids" but excelled, then nobody said anything. But once you started being in different classes, different programs, IB programs and s**t, that's when the slick comments came about.

goatmane

Veteran
Daps
Im glad yall went to decent schools but this shyt didnt fly at my schools lol...

lets be real... nerds get clowned in every school. is it poor social skills? i went to both black, white schools. Rich and poor schools. its just a society thing i guess.

its probably a generation disconnect. i graduated this decade though

same thing wit talking white. yall keep swear nobody ever says it but i seen n1kkas get clowned for that all the time