I honestly think the Global North will suffer the most from climate change

qwer

Banned
Daps
People keep saying that Africa and the rest of the global south will suffer from climate change the most. But is there any actual evidence for this. They said there would be millions of dead bodies in Africa due to Covid and look how that tuned out. If they are wrong about Covid could they also be wrong about climate change affecting Africa?

Sukairain

Shahenshah
Daps
Reppin
Straiya
I don't know if it will be a north/south thing. It will be a low lying/high lying thing. Bangladesh is in the global south, Netherlands is in the north. But they are both very low lying, coastal countries. They will equally get fukked by rising sea levels. If that happens, there won't be a Bangladesh anymore, nor will there be a Netherlands

Micky Mikey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
People keep saying that Africa and the rest of the global south will suffer from climate change the most. But is there any actual evidence for this. They said there would be millions of dead bodies in Africa due to Covid and look how that tuned out. If they are wrong about Covid could they also be wrong about climate change affecting Africa?

People said COVID would wreak India, and it didn't until this past summer. My point is that viruses are unpredictable. Scientists thought covid would wreak havoc in Africa due to the lack medical infrustructure and population density. And Covid is still ongoing. Who knows where we'll be a year or two from now.

Madagascar is small preview of whats to come for many African countries unfortunately. There will be more droughts and famines.

Also Africa doesn't have the infrastructure to sustain against severe weather events. Mozambique is STILL recovering after Cyclone Idai.

Like so many of issues that effect Africa, the fallout from climate change will be ignored by the west (that is until is causes mass migration and civil conflict). Most of us are barely aware that much of the continent is going through climate breakdown NOW.

Last edited:

JNew

Superstar
Daps
I would say the big factor is sea level. Humans are smart, adaptive and resilient, as long as there is land people we will find a way to live with the help of technology. Temperatures would have to get extremely hot 150+ F before I think we would see mass causalities due to heat because people are living in the elements. Globally I think we do have enough food for the entire world even without the help of technology. Water might be an issue but I think technology would find a way to turn sea water into drinkable water.

The north would most likely deal with mass migration coming into their "land", and everything that comes with that.

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Its because Africa doesnt have the money to combat climate change
the biggest threat facing Africa during the global weather crisis will be outside immigration for the first time in a long time... humans will look to move back to Africa en masse.

I predicted the pandemic 10 years ago on the coli and I can tell you right now you heard it here first :francis:

hqdefault.jpg

qwer

Banned
Daps
the biggest threat facing Africa during the global weather crisis will be outside immigration for the first time in a long time... humans will look to move back to Africa en masse.

I predicted the pandemic 10 years ago on the coli and I can tell you right now you heard it here first :francis:

O
Why do you think people will move back to afrixa en masse? My hypothesis is that africa will actually survive climate change and it’s the other continents that won’t

Daps
Why do you think people will move back to afrixa en masse? My hypothesis is that africa will actually survive climate change and it’s the other continents that won’t

And what is your hypothesis based on? Any scientific fact? :unimpressed: You just can’t say “my hypothesis is that Africa is gonna be fine and the north is fukked” without actually giving reasons as to why.

What a shytty thread.

• Dap
Reactions: 19-

TallMan_J

FBA/ADOS. APTTMH
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Knowledge and Wealth
And what is your hypothesis based on? Any scientific fact? :unimpressed: You just can’t say “my hypothesis is that Africa is gonna be fine and the north is fukked” without actually giving reasons as to why.

What a shytty thread.

She’s an African. Maybe that’s why she’d say some outlandish shyt like that without any explanation or proof.
:yeshrug: