I Just Don't Understand Why Papoose Didn't Make It (Dude One Of DEE Best LYRICALLY)

At30wecashout

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
He lacks the it factor, and doesnt put "asses in seats" beyond his core.

Clearly he is lyrical, but blowing up usually requires that compromise between craft and mass appeal. He is the dude to listen to when you want bars to make you go:huhldup:

What he lacks, however, is the ability to bump in the whip and make chicks asses shake. Even then, being a dopelyricist doesnt make you a good composer of music. You might be able to spit, but will people remember your songs?

filial_piety

Banned
Daps
Reppin
I95S
He was ill when he came out...but like Canibus he's just one of those freestyle freaks.

Put them in front of a camera and tell him to spit anything...and they seem like a gift from god...put them behind a mic in a studio and an infant can burp out something nicer than either one of them.

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
:yeshrug:that would have been perfect early 00s when he had the chance to
If they were shyt deals, then I could understand. I would have used the opportunity though to build a name, then leave.
He was with Flipmode Squad from what I remember...but honestly Busta didnt really devote any attention from Flipmode other than him.....

Pap and sai would of been perfect for 2004-2006...they waited too long to follow up their momentum and it fizzled out.