I like Dragonball like the next man. But DB fights can be repetitive

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
That the fights can be repetitious.

Like i said im a fan of the series. But one thing that does bother me is how the series offers no change or versatility in its fighting.

Fights almost always is punch, kick, beam with some characters like Hit with a special ability but most are still just Punch, Kick, Beam

I understand DB is really a series about Alien Martial artist. But almost everyone fights the same it seems. Rarely do u see a change in fight style.

Compare that to One Piece and Naruto where fights r more diverse, characters have versatile abilities.

I dont even like Naruto. But one thing i give it credit for is characters having a variety of powers and Jutsus.

What yall think?

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
full

DONCIC

All Star
Daps
They should find a way to bring back their tails for a while

Would be like having an extra limb, and brings with it extra fukkery if there is a full moon around

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I agree.

It wasn't like that in the OG Dragonball though. IMO the real problem is the Super Saiyan transformation. Don't get me wrong it was cool at the time, but once Toriyama introduced the idea of a Super Saiyan, skill (along with non-Saiyans) got thrown in the bushes and the fights just became a matter of who could power up the most and throw the biggest energy blast.

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
I agree.

It wasn't like that in the OG Dragonball though. IMO the real problem is the Super Saiyan transformation. Don't get me wrong it was cool at the time, but once Toriyama introduced the idea of a Super Saiyan, skill (along with non-Saiyans) got thrown in the bushes and the fights just became a matter of who could power up the most and throw the biggest energy blast.
Nah man this was happening before SS

Remember we had characters like Gohan
Krillin
Piccolo
Yamcha
Tien
Nappa
Vegeta
Raditz
Ginyu forces
Zarbon/Dodoria
Frieza

All these guys and the only ones with a power other than Punch, Kick, Beam i named was Ginyu with his body switching, piccolo and his abilities , Yamcha with sprit ball

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
That's the point though :dame:

They're martial artists turned warriors embued with powerful Ki out here destroying planets off the index.....f*** a legendary stance :mjlol:
I know but everyone fights the same.

Idk bout u but the martial art series, movies etc i seen. Characters have unique styles. In DB almost everyone fights the same.
If DB utilize this like have Goku use the fighting style Roshi taught him. Or Vegeta using some mix of Saiyan style mixxed with what he learned as Freizas soldier that'll be better

Cᵣₐₛₕ&ₜₕₑCₒᵤₚ

____ exposing themselves
Daps
I know but everyone fights the same.

Idk bout u but the martial art series, movies etc i seen. Characters have unique styles. In DB almost everyone fights the same.
If DB utilize this like have Goku use the fighting style Roshi taught him. Or Vegeta using some mix of Saiyan style mixxed with what he learned as Freizas soldier that'll be better

Bruh that's the point of everything post DB though :mjlol: Z, S, GT

They're no longer Martial artists but Warriors. If your power level game ain't up to par, might as well sit down somewhere :flabbynsick:

Dragon Ball had plenty of individual flair and uniqueness. The series traded that in for planetary destruction. What works for dozens of other Shonen Fighting series (which I like) as far as creativity is good for them, but like I said DBZ/S runs on it's own simple formula which is good for the franchise. They ain't tryna reinvent the wheel out here :yeshrug:

Signature attack/Solar Flare/Instant Transmission/Transform/Fusion rinse repeat :yeshrug:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I agree.

This is why I almost wish that Goku had been the only one. I miss Goku actually using his power pole and flying around on the nimbus. Tien, Krillin, Piccolo, and Roshi had some of the dopest special moves like the tri-beam, destructo disc, special beam cannon, evil containment wave, the multiform technique, etc. Gohan's saiyan ape transformation was also kinda like their ace in the hole.

(And as much as we clown on Yamcha, I really wish that Toriyama had done more with him and the rest of the human fighters. The wolf fang fist looked dope.)

Low key, the OG Dragonball tournaments are one of the best things about the series and definitely the best part of the series pre-Z, IMO.

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
This is why I almost wish that Goku had been the only one. I miss Goku actually using his power pole and flying around on the nimbus. Tien, Krillin, Piccolo, and Roshi had some of the dopest special moves like the tri-beam, destructo disc, special beam cannon, evil containment wave, the multiform technique, etc. Gohan's saiyan ape transformation was also kinda like their ace in the hole.

(And as much as we clown on Yamcha, I really wish that Toriyama had done more with him and the rest of the human fighters. The wolf fang fist looked dope.)

Low key, the OG Dragonball tournaments are one of the best things about the series and definitely the best part of the series pre-Z, IMO.
Man i remember Characters or atleast Goku use to learn new techniques. Word to when he got Kaio Ken/spirit Bomb in Saiyan Saga.

That nikka dont even learn no new moves no more. :mjcry: