I might the only black writer with the balls to roll the dice / Millennial Creatives are pussies

DrX

Coming For The Crown (Japanese Dreaming)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I found a passion for writing . I'm inspired to write about the things I think about and create stories around it. I feel like I'm the only black writer out there are really willing to push the bar. Everything is politically correct nowadays, fluff bullshyt. Ain't nobody really saying nothing. Everybody is afraid to hurt peoples feelings, the creative game is wack now. Everybody want to be friends I guess.

I'm going to be the bad guy I suppose because I want to write the things that inspire me. Dark truthful topics about pain and despair. Telling the stories of humanity and the coldest, most honest way possible. I'm not looking to make friends, just simply tell the truth so the future generations know what this current society was. A big cesspool of lies, greed and deceit

Like that corny shyt Issa Rea put on, that shyt is garbage. That's that new black shyt. People want that real shyt. That honest, no filtered shyt. This whole hipster liberal politically correct shyt is over, I'm ready to bring the 90's back. I want to write the stories I want to see made. Stories about racial injustice, how bytches ain't shyt, c00ns, indoctrination, liars, thieves, unemployment, jealousy, deceit, hate, anger. I want to see that dark honest shyt. That QT, Donald Goines, David Simon, Michael Mann shyt . That tales from the crypt shyt.

Key and Peele suck too, even the rappers are PC, ain't none of those nikkas saying nothing. Everybody afraid to lose that check, guess what..I don't got nothing to lose. I don't care about money. I'm really about the message, fukk fiat paper. All my shyt is going to push the envelope. Millennial are some for the biggest pussies to ever walk the earth, u can see it in our art. Everything is safe and comfortable, but fukk that...I want to see the truth

Comedy suck too, When I write mines...its not going to be that corny c00n snapchat IG shyt y'all see. Alot of feelings going to be hurt. Its going to be some dark truthful shyt that HAPPEN to be funny. I'm not pulling no punches either.

I'm tired of trying to get into these industries, they're over run by posers and trust fun kids who had the rich parents to give them start up money and fund these ventures. THEY NEVER EARNED IT FROM TALENT!!!! but the avg person don't know or care, they just watch whats out there without questioning quality. That's why everything is garbage. Because some lame rich kid got daddy to buy there way into the industry. And they don't have the wisdom, experience or god given talent to create.

That's why a guy with my talent level could ever get a shot. I'm a threat, I'm the real deal. I'm an artist forreal, and anybody that see my art, cant deny it. I create from the soul, I don't research, study, take notes...I just do it....my art comes from experience and pain. I pour the truth into my shyt, tha'ts why Its do unique

DrX

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
its not for u .....you'll be watching tho....

Nemesis

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
why do you assume that you are the only one that writes from experience and pain?

why do you assume that you are the only one that pours truth into their writing?

for the record a writer could pour all his pain experience, truth,uniqueness etc into his work ..... and it still be shyt

self praise is no form of recommendation.

Last edited:

It is a mystery

Tory Lanez Stan
Daps
I agree with some of your topics but sorry but this is wrong. There's plenty of black creatives that produce the content they want and aren't afraid of "losing a check"
From music alone:
Childish Gambino's "AWAKEN my love!!" went entirely left field. Rap in 2016 was a easier sale than funk but he did it anyways. He lost a lot of people who were with him from the jump but did it anyways because it was his artistic vision

Kid Cudi's whole WZRD sound is him attempting to enter into a new space in music.He could make MOTM music at any time as shown by "love" but he's actively choosing not to to chase a sound he wants to capture and fully understand

Hell even Kendrick Lamar could easily make more mainstream music or songs like swimming pools but he made TPAB which is harder to digest and he made it at the height of his career; directly after control & GKMC.

That's just from the very top of my head without thinking all that deeply about it either

SleezyBigSlim

Banned
Daps
I think people afraid of not being published so they write the bullshyt publishers want to hear. It's better to write an e book and independently publish it online. Once you get some sales publishers will be all on your nuts and hopefully won't want you to change anything in your book.

IShotTheSheriff

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I usually see your threads and expect nothing but gloomy shyt. You have points but the hopelessness ain't something I get down with. Don't take it the wrong way.

But I can support this thread because I agree on all points besides you being the ONLY one trying to push the real. If my advice means anything I'd say spend much less time on here and link up with more like minded individuals. You're a passionate dude, so am I. I can dig it.

VertigoKnight

Veteran
Daps
Well Dr X you have multiple avenues to get your work out there. The internet means you don't really need to play the game at least not at first...

I was always told less talk more action. Show up when you have something to show.

Daps
You can do it. I believe in you. If there's any advice I can give is everyone creates there own path. Especially if you are truly creative.

DrX

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i feel i have to got get alot done before I die...tell these stories...the stories that arent being told...modern day life

My goal is 25 short stories this year...i dont know how im going to do it with no writing experience or writing classes...

but I know the stories in my head so hopefully ppl overlook the bad formatting and grammar for the actual story...I dont got time to learn the technical shyt, an editor can clean it up

I just want to tell stories...I got many ideas...

so im going the gucci mane route and just keep making shyt...maybe one will stick....