I never saw a song make oldheads angry like this did when it came out

jelanitsunami

i got like 6 names I can be anybody
Daps
Dawg I remember being in middle school when this dropped and I had never heard so many older heads sh*t on one song before this. My pops is an OG hip hop head from it's inception and this song was like hip hop's funeral for him. Wouldn't even let me play it in the car or his speakers in the crib. I remember Ebro saying he wouldn't even let DJs play this when he was PD at Hot97.

Crumple

All Star
Daps
Dawg I remember being in middle school when this dropped and I had never heard so many older heads sh*t on one song before this. My pops is an OG hip hop head from it's inception and this song was like hip hop's funeral for him. Wouldn't even let me play it in the car or his speakers in the crib. I remember Ebro saying he wouldn't even let DJs play this when he was PD at Hot97.

Ghost mocked it

I thought it was a fun song.

Solomon Lurke

My Boys Dey Be Lurkin...
Daps
Reppin
The Shadows
Knew what song it was going to be the moment I read the title. I worked for a marketing company at this time and we promoted this song and album for Asylum. I always took the song for what it was. My only thing was having to hear it CONSTANTLY. It stayed on the radio. I don’t remember djs (radio) per se feeling a way about but in general Hip Hop heads were livid. Asylum went crazy with the promotions for them. Tons of cds passed out, posters, flyers and even a promotional dvd with Fabo geeked out his mind. I still had a copy of it up until a few years ago but don’t know what happened to it now. No matter what you personally feel about the song, it defined an era.

jelanitsunami

i got like 6 names I can be anybody
Daps
Knew what song it was going to be the moment I read the title. I worked for a marketing company at this time and we promoted this song and album for Asylum. I always took the song for what it was. My only thing was having to hear it CONSTANTLY. It stayed on the radio. I don’t remember djs (radio) per se feeling a way about but in general Hip Hop heads were livid. Asylum went crazy with the promotions for them. Tons of cds passed out, posters, flyers and even a promotional dvd with Fabo geeked out his mind. I still had a copy of it up until a few years ago but don’t know what happened to it now. No matter what you personally feel about the song, it defined an era.

If Fabo came out like 5 years later he would've been huge. Dude was singing about being a drug user in '05 when that type of thing was a no no in hip hop. Fast forward a couple years after Wayne started doing it then it became a trend.