I think Grime could blow up once they get good beats

noumena

All Star
Daps
Sorry UK brehs, those grime beats are :scust:

Once they get off those video game sounding terrible drums having corny shyt they'll be taken seriously

I think the flows are actually cool but man most of those beats are straight :trash:

And now that they're trying to ride the southern wave its even worse:trash:

If any UK brehs can lead me towards grime with good production I'll be pleasantly surprised.:ehh:

MikeyC

The Coli Royal Rumble Champion 2019
Daps
Reppin
London
Sorry UK brehs, those grime beats are :scust:

Once they get off those video game sounding terrible drums having corny shyt they'll be taken seriously

I think the flows are actually cool but man most of those beats are straight :trash:

And now that they're trying to ride the southern wave its even worse:trash:

If any UK brehs can lead me towards grime with good production I'll be pleasantly surprised.:ehh:

Grime = 130-145bpm
Trap = 120-145bpm

shyt was inevitably going to sound the same.

Post some examples of what you want Grime to sound like.

nahnah

Superstar
Daps
if they get off those beats, then it isn't grime, and thus, it wouldn't be theirs.

This.

I lost interest in grime a few year ago when a lot of people were spitting on shytty trap beats and passing it off as grime.

No idea who's popping now

MsReal

All Star
Daps
Pepstar and stormzy did a great song for 1xtra, I'll find it update in a moment.

I love grime, cadet is my fav.

nawshus

Daps
Reppin
NULL
1. No one makes Grime beats any more really except the old MC's rapping on them, that's why everything sounds so old. Skepta is in his mid 30's going through a mid life crisis.
2. The fact that these beats being used are atleast 11+ years old just goes to show how far ahead Grime was.
3. 'Blessed', 'New Slaves' 'Move that dope' are Grime songs. How can Grime be trash sonically when Americans emulating a sound from 11-14 years ago? Video game sounding? And what does 'Real sisters' sound like?

Therht

Pro
Daps
Lol dats grime breh :heh:

But if you want what i think you want then you're looking for the newer breed of road rappers a la 67, Section Boyz and dem :obama:

noumena

All Star
Daps
1. No one makes Grime beats any more really except the old MC's rapping on them, that's why everything sounds so old. Skepta is in his mid 30's going through a mid life crisis.
2. The fact that these beats being used are atleast 11+ years old just goes to show how far ahead Grime was.
3. 'Blessed', 'New Slaves' 'Move that dope' are Grime songs. How can Grime be trash sonically when Americans emulating a sound from 11-14 years ago? Video game sounding? And what does 'Real sisters' sound like?

Don't like any of those songs so even if you consider them grime beats idgaf, plus UK is emulating trap which is a sound from a decade ago so really that's a non point

Real sisters sounds like Zaytoven?:jbhmm:Im not hearing grime in that one

Video gamey sounding like that sound in that build up that synth 0:26 sound like NES

noumena

All Star
Daps

An ideal grime beat to me would be avoiding trap drums (it sounds so bad when brits do it) and just changing those sounds. Same tempo, just use better synths and samples, not this corny shyt, sounds like flutes from donkey kong soundtrack.