I Was ONCE Suicidal, But I'm Glad I Didn't Kill Myself/ Take That Route (Here's My Story)

SirReginald

The African Diaspora Will Be "ONE" (#PanAfricana)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
This is going to be pretty long, so bear with me.

When I first got out of college (2015 cert trade IT) I wanted a job. I posted about it on here I think. So, I was offered a job at this low level shop store. The place was run down and racist (customers were cool). Anyway, the first day I remember being told by the manager that I wouldn't last. Few weeks later he started harrassing me (White dude). Out of the blue six months later he shouts at me and I quit. I was scared to death. However, I left with no bridges burnt.

Fast forward to late 2015, I got a job at 7/11. That job was chill, but I wanted more hours. I was suppose to be there originally to clean the ice chest. However, that changed and I was on the cash register. I was NEVER late btw. January of 2016 is when it ALL STARTED. My mother got her leg amputated. This was during the presidential primaries. I was so hurt during that time. I thought the people at my job would support me since my moms got ill. Nope :snoop: That female manager said if you wanna quit quit. I quit because I wasn't going to work two hours a day and clean up sh-t. During that time it was depressing. I posted on here a lot then. It was times where I thought about killing/hanging myself. Yeah, I blame myself for my mother getting sick. Also, I was at the point where I didn't give a sh-t. Like, I was almost at the point of lighting up blunts and popping some liquor (real talk). My cousin came down here who I haven't seen in 11 years to care for my moms. So, that was cool and I was suppose to move up north, but didn't. I was thankful for my cousin helping out my mother. Now, she's better and has a prosthesis. It still bothers me at times knowing my mom is an amputee, but I still love her the same.

Now, in 2017 I'm finally on my feet. I am working and making it with people.

THIS is why I take suicide seriously. You may not know what others are going through. That's why I never tell a person to "kill themselves" on here.

Remember, if you need someone to talk to I'm here and PM me. There's also a suicide hotline.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
Call 1-800-273-8255
Available 24 hours everyday

What inspired me to make this thread was the death/suicide of Linkin Park lead singer Chester Bennington. Remember, you are NOT alone.

Also, I know there's a "Mental Health" thread, but I wanted this to get to more people.

P.S. the moral of the story is we all face a few defeats, but NEVER give up trying. If people don't like you f-ck em.

It doesn't matter if you are gay, straight, hetero, bi, trans, christian, jew, muslim, black, white, arab, or what. Just be you and find your truth. I'm still trying to find my truth (faith). Now, I want a nice lady in my life.

SirReginald

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
FQhkqMQ.gifv
FQhkqMQ.mp4
Can't see the pics.

SirReginald

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
BTW, as a Black man I get the struggles. My father and I had a convo in the car talking about if the world would get better. He told me flat out no because Whites own all the wealth and he doesn't see the world lasting long. It's scary out here for most of us. I wouldn't be shocked if more AA's were suicidal on the low.