I was right. They had to re-do the Hulu Freaknik doc.

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
For y’all that may have been disappointed by this Freaknik doc (which about 75% was general history and evolution of it, then the horror stories), here’s the True Life: Freaknik doc from 1998. Completely unfiltered stuff, as with nearly everything pre-2001.

TEH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
somebody powerful made the calll

i wonder who

:lolbron:

That’s 30 years ago

A lot of now powerful people were in college then …

It’s like Woodstock footage in the 60’s being shown in the 90’s …

valet

The official Chaplin of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
This was not good. Shoulda got some interesting participants (not celebs) who were there. Some personalities that were funny.

DamienWayne

Superstar
Daps
shyt was wack , way too sterile I don’t know why I expected something more real, they could have played this on day time tv

Dameon Farrow

Superstar
Daps
That would curve a lot of incel behavior tbh.
No it would not. They'd be sitting around in groups staring in their phones while the dudes who can hold eye contact and string sentences together will be running through the women.

Entitlement is their problem not access. They'd be online complaining about how there are a bunch of 6s and 7s out there instead of actually trying to bust any of them down.

lib123

All Star
Daps
For y’all that may have been disappointed by this Freaknik doc (which about 75% was general history and evolution of it, then the horror stories), here’s the True Life: Freaknik doc from 1998. Completely unfiltered stuff, as with nearly everything pre-2001.

Young breh here. I've heard people say Freaknik got more and more deviant and predatory as years went on, more weirdos flocking down to attend. Can someone expand on this?

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
Young breh here. I've heard people say Freaknik got more and more deviant and predatory as years went on, more weirdos flocking down to attend. Can someone expand on this?
I always use the Facebook comparison, Facebook was really dope when it was strictly college students, then when they opened it up for everybody, it went to hell. That’s basically what happened to Freaknik. It was originally a Black college thing with everybody just having a good time, then it went to hell when everybody started coming. Also, with the Olympics coming in, it caused major friction with things being regulated like crazy, which drew a spotlight to all the seedy and creepy deviancy that started going on. That’s why a lot of folks that were college age in that era feel like 1994/95 were the best years of Freaknik and the general peak, cause after that, dudes that were deep in their 30s and 40s started showing up.

Last edited:

lib123

All Star
Daps
I always use the Facebook comparison, Facebook was really dope when it was strictly college students, then when they opened it up for everybody, it went to hell. That’s basically what happened to Freaknik. It was originally a Black college thing with everybody just having a good time, then it went to hell when everybody started coming. Also, with the Olympics coming in, it caused major friction with things being regulated like crazy, which drew a spotlight to all the seedy and creepy deviancy that started going on. That’s why a lot of folks that were college age in that era feel like 1994/95 weee the best years of Freaknik and the general peak, cause after that, dudes that were deep in their 30s and 40s started showing up.
Great explanation appreciate it!

:salute:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland

Lol @ the iota’s :mjlol:

They still fighting for recognition

Pseudonym

Secretary of Defense of #catset
Supporter
Daps
:ehh: forgot about some of those songs

“Cotton candy, sweetie go
Let me see the Tootsee Roll”

IMG-9085.gif

karim

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Fake tittys were kind of taboo back then since all of them looked like Pamela Anderson blowup dolls, there weren’t natural looking options like there are now.
Name an example of a natural looking boob job :wtf:

Pseudonym

Secretary of Defense of #catset
Supporter
Daps
Oh wow I always thought it was “sweet as gold”

I was like how :dahell: is gold sweet
:mjlol: I thought it was “sweet ‘n low” for >2 decades, but I looked up the lyrics so y’all wouldn’t clown me

• Dap
Reactions: BBG