I work with infectious diseases AMA

Son Goku

Great Sage Equalling Heaven
Daps
Making this thread to increase awareness about infectious diseases and to post about the fukkery I see at my job. :picard:

It goes without saying that I cannot use names; any names posted have been changed to protect the innocent (and infectious :troll:).

I will try to post as much information and as many stories as I can without tryna lose my job. :sadcam: :snoop:

Son Goku

Daps
Are you a researcher?

Do you see patients several times, as in they get treated and are healthy for a while and then get infected again?

No. I work in the infectious disease section of a hopsicle. Not a scientist, just an epi tech. :francis:

Most of my work involves tracing infectious disease trends in the surrounding counties, counseling sick people on how not to get sick (PSA: Wash your hands! :damn:), contact tracing, giving input to providers, etc., among other things.
:unimpressed:

Son Goku

Daps
How many people you've misdiagnosed and fukked their life up?

Zero!

I don't diagnose folks, I just get/give their lab results and observe their fukkery fukking up their own lives.

Example: Dude comes in with an STI and his wife comes in for contact tracing. She ends up having it too, but doesn't know the husband is positive. I have to talk to them separately and find out what's going on. :shaq2:

Dude: I only been with my wife. No one else.

Wife: I ain't step out on my man, only him.

Well at the end of the day the wife finds out that the husband got that shyt and been hitting her with the dirty dikk. Husband swears he's faithful and that the wife musta been doing his best friend. :huhldup:

I go to the gym later the same day and see both of them there together. I can't be like "hey y'all, what's up? :krs:" so I kept it pushing.

Awkward. :heh:

Son Goku

Daps

Saltmoney

All Star
Daps
Reppin
#Catset
Example: Dude comes in with an STI and his wife comes in for contact tracing. She ends up having it too, but doesn't know the husband is positive. I have to talk to them separately and find out what's going on. :shaq2:

Dude: I only been with my wife. No one else.

Wife: I ain't step out on my man, only him.

Nasty liars everywhere!

45da551cf9f6a61d8e3253410dcd338c.gif