Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
In a totally unrelated story:

Immigrant takes refuge in Denver church to avoid deportation
WireAP_b5c80f9db72b4f22a4391656014bbc22_12x5_1600.jpg

Immigrant takes refuge in Denver church to avoid deportation

This undocumented immigrant just announced that she is seeking sanctuary at a church. Now she waits.

theworldismine13

God Emperor of SOHH
Daps
Reppin
Arrakis

RicanFury

Come Home With Me
Daps
Reppin
a BRONX Slum by I-87 NORTH
Undocumented Mexicans don't really have a path because they don't come from a country with an oppressive government

I dont know what its like where you live at, things may be different, but in NYC theres tons of free programs where they help people become citizens. Alot of mexicans go through the program and come out successful.

Arithmetic

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I dont know what its like where you live at, things may be different, but in NYC theres tons of free programs where they help people become citizens. Alot of mexicans go through the program and come out successful.
If you say so, but I doubt it's the Mexicans who are getting it. They literally are locked out right now. They cant claim asylum. They aren't here on student visas. They came illegaly from a non-oppressive government so the US doesn't see them as a priority.

theworldismine13

God Emperor of SOHH
Daps
Reppin
Arrakis

yeah if you have a parent that is a citizen or you get married

there are other ways, if you go to deportation court for example, some people actually win

but overall its not happening, you cant just go to the feds and say im illegal and fill out an application :heh:

hashmander

Hale End
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Arsenal
i know this might be shrug worthy to some because it doesn't affect them.

Is ICE Altering Evidence and Manipulating Facts in Its Immigration Crackdown?

Consider first the case of Daniel Ramirez Medina, whom ICE agents arrested last Friday. Ramirez is a beneficiary of Obama’s Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals, which allowed him to remain in the U.S. and work lawfully despite being undocumented. When he explained to ICE agents that he was “legally here” and showed them his DACA work permit, they detained him anyway. At a processing center, Ramirez reiterated that he had a lawful work permit.

“It doesn’t matter,” an agent responded, according a lawsuit filed on Ramirez’s behalf, “because you weren’t born in this country.” After detaining him, ICE found a justification for his deportation, alleging that he was a “self-admitted gang member.” Its evidence for this allegation centered around an appeal that Ramirez wrote after arriving at the detention center requesting to be removed from its gang unit. The government said it included the line, “I have gang affiliation with gangs so I wear an orange uniform.” But on Thursday, the Stranger published a photograph of the appeal—and it clearly shows that Ramirez had written in pencil: “I came in and the officers said I have gang affiliation with gangs so I wear an orange uniform. I do not have a criminal history and I’m not affiliated with any gangs.”

Ramirez’s lawyers allege that ICE officials doctored the document to prove that he belonged to a gang. The words “I came in and the officers said” were clearly erased so that the statement began with the statement “I have gang affiliation.”

“What began, I thought, as a mistake in bringing Daniel in has turned into a bogus operation that is attempting to railroad him and violate the sacred program that the DACA represents,” his lawyer, Mark Rosenbaum, said on a press call. “It is one of the most serious examples of governmental misconduct that I have come across in my 40 years of practice.”

170216_JURIS_Classification-Appeal-Immigration.png.CROP.promovar-mediumlarge.png
they took an eraser to that man's statement to make him look like a gang member. the only person that belongs in prison is the officer that erased it.