If black men had more financial success, would black love thrive?

Memorial Stadium Piru

WE BYKE BABY
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Big Red
A common theme I see among most black feminists is that black men aren't "providers & protectors." The definition of that depends on your personal compass, but to me, based on implied context, it means "Black men can't provide us with the lifestyle that white people on TV have." They obviously can't say this because we can easily debunk that by showing how we've been fukked by white supremacy.

On the other hand, you have Asian men who make 112% MORE than the average white man in America and they have the least respected masculinity and their women are infamous white nutlickers.

My question is this: if black men got our money up collectively, would it be all peaches and cream? Would black love be the norm? Would the social media wars end? Will Ash make it to Cerulean City? Find out on next week's episode!

Hoodoo Child

The Urban Legend
Daps
Reppin
The Crossroads
It definitely helps. There's nothing wrong with getting your money up as individual or community, but to say "black love can't thrive without money" is ludicrous. Antebellum Slavery and the Great Depression didn't stop black love from flourishing. Our ancestors were poor as fukk when they got here, and STILL managed to keep the family together.

Moody

Faroole ii geeya
Daps
Reppin
Puntland
I don't like stipulations being attributed to the success of love, or attachment. Black people need to associate love, and family as a core identifier and currently, that association exists across all people of African descent. We just gotta destroy degeneracy, and promote human connections for the next generation.

If prosperity could change the circumstances for love, the wealthy wouldn't be living the lives they are living. It seems education (not necessarily just institutions) and compatibility are better quantifiers for love.

On the other hand, you have Asian men who make 112% MORE than the average white man in America and they have the least respected masculinity and their women are infamous white nutlickers.

I see white dudes and asian women sharing the same bottom rung in the future tbh :yeshrug:

ultraflexed

Superstar
Daps
Black love already thrives. Interracial dating and marriage between blacks and other races isn't that high. Just exaggerated here for jokes.

only 49% of black men are married
out of that 18% in interracial marriage, that's serious

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Black love already thrives. Interracial dating and marriage between blacks and other races isn't that high. Just exaggerated here for jokes.

1/4 black men getting married nowadays marries outside his race, thats high as hell