Religion/Spirituality If God has a plan for everyone how do we have freewill?

Brown_Pride

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Atheist for Jesus
Assuming you believe in god, consider for the moment that you're trying to understand a concept that an omnipotent entity created and uses to govern the lives of his creations. Of course it's not going to make sense to you or anyone.

Can God be in two places at once? If you believe in an omniscient god then the answer is yes. Now try explaining how it's possible to be in two places at once, let alone ALL places at once.

This is God we're talking about...consider who you're trying to place into a human context of understanding...and then just stop

Daps
Assuming you believe in god, consider for the moment that you're trying to understand a concept that an omnipotent entity created and uses to govern the lives of his creations. Of course it's not going to make sense to you or anyone.

Can God be in two places at once? If you believe in an omniscient god then the answer is yes. Now try explaining how it's possible to be in two places at once, let alone ALL places at once.

This is God we're talking about...consider who you're trying to place into a human context of understanding...and then just stop

Finally someone that gets it. People are constantly seeing God from a Human perspective. That's why they can't / won't understand.

hayesc0

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

This makes no sense to me if humans cant preceive god which it sounds like thats what you are telling me then how do we know he exist or has a plan in the first place.

Dr. Sebi Jr.

Trust Me
Daps
Reppin
Not Technically a "Doctor"
This makes no sense to me if humans cant preceive god which it sounds like thats what you are telling me then how do we know he exist or has a plan in the first place.
The prophets told us.:blessed:

Ignore the fact that the prophets are human beings who could have made that shyt up and probably did since their prophecies are almost always self-serving. :whoa:

Ghost Utmost

The Soul of the Internet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the Aether
You don't have free will. So do this. Just lay on your bed until G-d begins driving your body auto pilot. You'll be able to sit back and watch while someone else drives for a while.

I am being facetious. Whenever you start to doubt if you have free will or not just get up, find a knife, and slowly poke it into your arm. See if G-d makes the knife disappear. If it's cold where you are now, go outside in your boxer and stand there until G-d sends you further instructions.

tmonster

Superstar
Daps

You and I define "human" differently
You think of man, as a lowly puppet, befuddled by his own existence, always one step behind, finding peace only in the submission of his imagination and pride.
I think of him as a MAN, definer of his existence, emboldened by his ignorance, submissive only to his will and desire for understanding.

Existentially, I find your position contemptible, not because of its content, but because of it's pretense, its complacency, its willingness to present and accept a masquerade of intellectual slavery as spiritual freedom, to satisfy itself with sleeping in a blanket of dogma because being awake is too noisy with unanswerable questions.

OsO

Souldier
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
They coexist.

Each individual has a plan/destiny/fate/etc, but all that adjusts with each decision you make.

Think in terms of probability. The future is a set of near infinite probabilities that begins to shape itself based on the moment-to-moment choices you make. And things start to crystalize and become "concrete" when your future becomes your present. But your future is constantly transforming.

People on this forum tend to give away their decision making power to an unknown entity in one shape or another, but the magnificent truth is that we all control our own lives.

People in the religious camp say it's all "God's will." Some people in the scientific camp say it's all chemical reactions and electrical impulses. Both sides missing the point that YOU choose what you do every moment.

You don't always get to choose what happens to you because other people have free will also, but you always have a choice in how you react to it.

Thought, feeling, action-the real holy trinity of creation.