If Hiroshi Tanahashi beats Chris Jericho at WK14, he will get an AEW World Title shot

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
"Making money" and Impact aren't related though. New Japan tried their hardest to book big shows with TNA/Impact for years and they always flopped.

Co-sign.

Brehs act like Impact's last two TV deals didn't happen because their parent company owns or bought the channel it's on.

The whole point of having a TV show is to be able to sell broadcast rights. fukk they gonna do, sell them to themselves? :mjlol:

A partnership would benefit NJPW and AEW greatly. Hell, NJPW would benefit just by being able to send Okada somewhere for a while to let the main event scene freshen up to give him new opponents when he comes back.

DoubleJ13

Smooth sailing from here on out...
Daps
Reppin
Thunder/TSC
I hope they don't work together for a while it's too early :manny:

AEW needs to build their own roster up before bringing over NJPW guys to prop their company up, most of these guys were just in ROH watching that happen & look where that got ROH. Plus most of the top guys in AEW just came from NJPW a year ago so it ain't like there's a bunch of fresh matches to have right now, PAC & Lucha Bros vs NJPW guys is the biggest selling point to me right now & even then those guys working with other places (Dragon Gate & AAA) might stop those.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile

AEW needs to build their own roster up before bringing over NJPW guys to prop their company up, most of these guys were just in ROH watching that happen & look where that got ROH. Plus most of the top guys in AEW just came from NJPW a year ago so it ain't like there's a bunch of fresh matches to have right now, PAC & Lucha Bros vs NJPW guys is the biggest selling point to me right now & even then those guys working with other places (Dragon Gate & AAA) might stop those.

I don't think they'll be able to work things out that quickly, but I'd be shocked if by WK 15 they don't have an official working relationship.

I mean, just listen to Jericho

He's gonna be pushing this shyt to The Elite guys, and most importantly, Khan, all year until they get shyt done eventually.

Peter Popoff

AKA Petty Pimpiń..🤑
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, Texas

I agree. AEW is too young. They need more characters like Brodie Lee, Brian Cage, Willie Mack on their roster. These 50 lb wrestlers are not quite there yet. Pentagon Jr. needs to be a top competitor with Moxley as well.

DoubleJ13

Smooth sailing from here on out...
Daps
Reppin
Thunder/TSC
I don't think they'll be able to work things out that quickly, but I'd be shocked if by WK 15 they don't have an official working relationship.

I mean, just listen to Jericho

He's gonna be pushing this shyt to The Elite guys, and most importantly, Khan, all year until they get shyt done eventually.

I mean I don't think the Elite/Khan are the ones that need talked into it though. Omega & the Bucks AEW deals are set up so they could also do NJPW like Moxley & Jericho :manny:

Seems like people read too much into them using the belt like they weren't trying to sell as many tickets to the Dome as possible for 2 days & just used it to add a little bit more to the match because why not when Jericho was going over anyway. Unless NJPW thinks they really really need AEW for whatever reason, they have no reason to do anything & unless it's about the US expansion they don't need them.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
I mean I don't think the Elite/Khan are the ones that need talked into it though. Omega & the Bucks AEW deals are set up so they could also do NJPW like Moxley & Jericho :manny:

Seems like people read too much into them using the belt like they weren't trying to sell as many tickets to the Dome as possible for 2 days & just used it to add a little bit more to the match because why not when Jericho was going over anyway. Unless NJPW thinks they really really need AEW for whatever reason, they have no reason to do anything & unless it's about the US expansion they don't need them.

AEW title shot didn't boost sales though.

New Japan doesn't need those guys necessarily but they clearly want to continue to build and profit from the Golden Lovers :dame: and they also saw that Mox can fit in and contribute (and draw in the short term). That's way more than anything else any other promotion can offer to them right now.

Last edited:

Peter Popoff

AKA Petty Pimpiń..🤑
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, Texas
Another difference may be the writing teams. Imagine having to adjust NJPW storylines to fit into AEW. What if AEWs top talent isn't what NJPW likes and vice versa. It's not like WWE where they force other wrestling leagues to be weaker than theirs.

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

The problem with AEW is that they are competitors to NJPW for wrestlers . Would they not try and sign Ibushi when his deal is up ? Or Okada etc ?

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The problem with AEW is that they are competitors to NJPW for wrestlers . Would they not try and sign Ibushi when his deal is up ? Or Okada etc ?

The idea is that the partnership would effectively keep them from competing with each other for talent. For a while, signing a ROH deal basically meant you'd signed with NJPW, too, and vice versa to an extent.

TBdaGhost

Bay Bay
Daps
I still think AEW shouldn't work with them. Focus on their own talent.

Unless maybe if it's like 2 matches a year or something like that.

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
I still think AEW shouldn't work with them. Focus on their own talent.

Unless maybe if it's like 2 matches a year or something like that.
War of the Worlds would be great. ROH damn sure not worthy anymore.

Beautiful Bobby Eatin

SWEEEEEEEEEETNESS!
Daps
Reppin
Terra Belle, Georgia
Co-sign.

Brehs act like Impact's last two TV deals didn't happen because their parent company owns or bought the channel it's on.

The whole point of having a TV show is to be able to sell broadcast rights. fukk they gonna do, sell them to themselves? :mjlol:

A partnership would benefit NJPW and AEW greatly. Hell, NJPW would benefit just by being able to send Okada somewhere for a while to let the main event scene freshen up to give him new opponents when he comes back.
You say that like Gedo books storylines that fast. Gedo drags storylines out so long they only rival AAA. Okada can go away for two years, come back and they would still be doing the same main events. At best they MIGHT have Ibushi win the belt by then.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Some of y’all acting like if there was a partnership, it would be like week to week major federation altering shyt:russ:

I don’t see how they can’t do both, focus on their own shyt and be a partner, it don’t have to be one or the other.

Beautiful Bobby Eatin

SWEEEEEEEEEETNESS!
Daps
Reppin
Terra Belle, Georgia
Some of y’all acting like if there was a partnership, it would be like week to week major federation altering shyt:russ:

I don’t see how they can’t do both, focus on their own shyt and be a partner, it don’t have to be one or the other.
Nah it would include a couple of lions and the odd joint show and some wrestler trading. Personally im as intrigued as i am afraid for a Darby Allin/Hiromu Takahashi "who will try the nastiest bump possible" match