if Tyson beat Holyfield

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
The thing people seem to forget that Mike Tyson's prime ended in 1991. He came back and beat Tomato Cans for the final 10 years of his career. So props to Holyfield for beating Tyson, but that was the post prison Tyson. The only man who ever beat Tyson in his prime was Buster Douglas.

I was about 11 when that first Holyfield fight went down and I remember how my uncle would say how bad Tyson looked compared to how he was in the mid-late 80's to 91

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The thing people seem to forget that Mike Tyson's prime ended in 1991. He came back and beat Tomato Cans for the final 10 years of his career. So props to Holyfield for beating Tyson, but that was the post prison Tyson. The only man who ever beat Tyson in his prime was Buster Douglas.

I was about 11 when that first Holyfield fight went down and I remember how my uncle would say how bad Tyson looked compared to how he was in the mid-late 80's to 91
Tyson has always given Douglas credit for the win, but Tyson has also said that he did not train for that fight at all.
He was in Tokyo sleeping with hookers the entire time.

It's hard to pinpoint a time when Tyson started to unravel, but I imagine it was around the time he broke up with Kevin Rooney in late 1988. I mean when you start to leave the guys who were there from the beginning to build you up...it can get ugly. I still think Tyson was a good fighter after that...but he got worse.

Jimmy Jacobs was also close to Tyson and he died in 1988 as well.

You put it all together...Cus dying in '85... Jacobs dying in '88... leaving Rooney in 88....Tyson's problems with Bill Cayton....Don King getting in the mix....Robin Givens being a lying miserable gold digging bytch....

Dude was dealing with all that stuff as Heavyweight Champion of the world at the age of 21-22.

It's like he never had a chance, brehs.

:wow:

Daps
If Holyfield would have fought Tyson in 1988, Evander would have gotten that work.

:beli:

When that 1st fight happened, Holyfield was coming off a somewhat competitive fight with Mercer and 2 tough fights against Bowe (1 loss, 1 majority decision). And a loss to Moorer.
He had a tune-up fight against Bobby Czyz.

Tyson was basically a year out of prison and fought a bunch of tomato cans in the lead up to the fight: Peter McNeely, Buster Mathis Jr, Frank Bruno and Bruce Seldon (none of which lasted a full 3 rounds).

Holyfield admitted 88 tyson was a different animal. His bob and weave under Rooney was chaotic/hard to predict.

He said in Tysons 2nd era is when his bob had a rhythm he was able to time.

Daps
i clearly remember as a kid and even looking back researching, people thought evander was done. some forget outside of losing to bowe 2x and moorer, evander had health problems. i think it was something with his heart, some people thought he was going to retire right after tyson. fans downplay evanders win over tyson, saying tyson wasn't in his prime, shyt, evander wasn't in his prime neither.

Evander was on dat dere CellTech breh. I think this should be mentioned more.

Willy Waffle

Willy Da Waffleman
Daps
Reppin
#GIANTS #KNICKS #RANGERS
Evander was on dat dere CellTech breh. I think this should be mentioned more.

:comeon:

nah, what we should be mentioning more is how holyfield was jabbing/hooking then, stepping to the side and stepping back using distance to counter mike. nikkkas seem to forget all about that :sas2:

but when it comes to mike loses there's always some sorry ass excuse.

Daps
:comeon:

nah, what we should be mentioning more is how holyfield was jabbing/hooking then, stepping to the side and stepping back using distance to counter mike. nikkkas seem to forget all about that :sas2:

but when it comes to mike loses there's always some sorry ass excuse.

Holyfield was the more skilled fighter that night no doubt
but Mike is a one hit game changer type of fighter. But when you use your forehead like a bowling ball unchecked it neutralizes a fighter who relies on moving forward with heavy movement.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Tyson was a wash after he got out of prison and it was obvious during the McNeely fight......

Mike would have beat Evander pre prison though..........