If WCW Won Would You Be Watching Nitro Every Week (Or Wrestling At All)?

JerseyBoy23

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Essex County, NJ
After analyzing Nitro and RAW's ratings in 2001, I noticed that Nitro still had a loyal 2.0.+ base that never budged.

After WCW's demise, Vince never managed to get those WCW fans to tune in and I'm guessing they just left wrestling all together. With that in mind, would you still be watching wrestling if WWE lost the war or would you have dipped like WCW fans did.

CJ

Your objective semi-troll
Daps
Reppin
6ix
Always wondered if they would have been able to make Starrcade as huge as Wrestlemania has now gotten. Biggest by that point was the 40k for Goldberg's title win (not counting that WCW/NJPW event in North Korea of 150k.. lol)

OH SOHH TRILL

Trill OG
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Screwston
After analyzing Nitro and RAW's ratings in 2001, I noticed that Nitro still had a loyal 2.0.+ base that never budged.

After WCW's demise, Vince never managed to get those WCW fans to tune in and I'm guessing they just left wrestling all together. With that in mind, would you still be watching wrestling if WWE lost the war or would you have dipped like WCW fans did.

I was a WCW head and I checked out of wrestling after the invasion angle. Didn't come back until like 2010. I would definitely still be watching. Nitro toward the end was pure fukkery. Most nights it was fukkery on a pole.

Arrogance.

King Novak of Melbourne, the First of His Name
Daps
Reppin
TSC/LToMD
I was a WCW head and I checked out of wrestling after the invasion angle. Didn't come back until like 2010. I would definitely still be watching. Nitro toward the end was pure fukkery. Most nights it was fukkery on a pole.

When 2000-01 WCW hits the Network :banderas:

Tide Run This

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Garnet N Gold
Real shyt I didn't know fans were really picking sides until I joined the IWC years later. I loved watching both and it was cool on west coast because Nitro came on at 5 and Raw would come on at 9 so there was really no "war" as far as having to switch back and forth. Didn't know how serious that shyt was until years later I liked WCW more but I checked out after awhile probably mid 99 I don't even remember a lot of shyt after the nWo reformed. shyt I think I missed it live because FSU was playing Tennessee for the title that night. :snoop:

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
I was always a loyal WCW fan and was one of those fans that dipped out when they went out of business. I continued to watch throughout the Invasion angle but by early 2002 I stopped watching on a regular basis. I would occasionally watch a Raw or Smackdown in 2003-2011 but never consistently. I didn't become a regular viewer again until after Punk's pipe bomb in 2011 but even still I'm not into it like I was in the 90's. I'll watch a Raw but if I have to miss it due to work or whatever I won't even bother to dvr it or watch the replay on Hulu.

Don't get me wrong I watched both WCW and WWF but my loyalty was to WCW in part because it was a southern based promotion and I'm from the south and they were always more realistic than the WWE up until the attitude era. The memories of flipping between Raw and Nitro in the 90's :mjcry: