If we keeping it 100, ja rule and murda inc were the culprits that ruined r&b

Pazzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah, i said it. Not R Kelly, not beyonce, but ja rule

When all those millions of folks brought those horrendous records with ja singing with the throat of box of newports, shyt lowered the bar for both rap and r&b. This was in 2000 too. You had actual real talented singers having to compete against ja rule non singing ass. :snoop:

And cant forget the numerous number of bad singers who thought they could do that shyt because ja did it. Lumidee, eamon, akon, t pain... shyts been downhill ever since.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
nah. it was streaming and lack of CD sales pushing artists into pop music because the ROI wasn’t there.

If you notice, now with streaming and lower sales expectations, R&B artists are kinda returning to the forefront

Marc Spector

the 4'11 Cuban
Daps
Reppin
The Milky Way
Not to mention you had the defunding of the arts in public school, the rise of digital production (think of how many singers and performers of the 60s-80s who could play instruments along with singing) and an entire generation of Black kids no longer coming up through the Church Choir due to crack :yeshrug: (and i say this as an agnostic)

Digital Omen

All Star
Daps
Ja Rule is an abomination who should have never gotten a record deal to fake thug as a homeless man's 2Pac while he attended Catholic school all his life with his wack ass rhymes and songs and horrendous voice.
fukk him and everyone down with him. Chappelle said it best "who gives a fukk what Ja Rule thinks?"
FOH
:pacspit:

Pazzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ja Rule is an abomination who should have never gotten a record deal to fake thug as a homeless man's 2Pac while he attended Catholic school all his life with his wack ass rhymes and songs and horrendous voice.
fukk him and everyone down with him. Chappelle said it best "who gives a fukk what Ja Rule thinks?"
FOH

What ja did to you? :mjlol: you going OT

Digital Omen

All Star
Daps
What ja did to you? :mjlol: you going OT
Released multiple wack ass albums and singles I was forced to hear in the club when I was getting at broads
I remember I bagged this pinay from the bay and she kept playing "every little thing that we do" with what's her face on the hook after we smashed and I was laying there like
:beli:

All them "hits" were just marketing ploys for bytches, no real soul or feeling in that kind of music. Just basic A-B-C fill in the blank formulaic garbage

Kiyoshi-Dono

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Petty Vandross.. fukk Yall
You old nikkas are operating off nostalgia
Not everything in 90s R&B was that great
And if we really keep it a stack
Them simp anthems did more harm than good
R&B music ain’t dead
It’s just you nikkas don’t appreciate the artists that are really putting good music out
You rather focus on the negatives to get your threads moving/plat status instead of listening to the music people suggest
It’s you old nikkas that are stagnant
Not the music

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
Black R&B was converted into white R&B (or non-Black R&b...Bruno Mars). Record Labels started pushing their Jonas Brothers and Ed Sheerans.