if you added 98 Lil Wayne and Turk to 98 No Limit Records...

letti cook

Superstar
Daps
where would you rank them?

Turk said him and Wayne wanted to jump ship to No Limit because P took care of his artists...
and everybody but Fiend, Mia, Mac, and Mystikal was "wack' :jbhmm:

(timestamped)

where do you think they would fit in terms of ability and popularity?

OHSNAP!

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Eh they fit better on Cash Money they would've been lost in the shuffle on No Limit

I think Mac and Soulja Slim would've been better on Cash Money than No Limit

Turk could've been more popular than what he was but he fukked himself over
Took the words right out my mouth

Turk n Weezy fit in perfect with CMR. Mac n Slim over nonstop Mannie beats = fuego. Imagine Hot Boys with a BG/Juve/Mac/Slim lineup in 97/98/99/00

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
turk talks alot of chit about stuff like this, but did he ever speak on when he was actually going to sign with no limit and he got himself & reginelli locked up when they were en route to meet up with c-murder??

i was going to do a whole ass thread on this.

Long Live The Kane

Tyrant Titan
Daps
They would’ve been lost in the mix if they were on No Limit in ‘98…The dynamic of being in a 4 man group was a best case scenario for Turk, and he had trouble standing out from the rest of the Hot Boys…Wayne wouldn’t have gotten the same push either, not over the Miller Boys and Mystikal…the former because of nepotism and the latter because he was just that guy back then…on some rapping shyt prime Mystikal, Mac and Fiend were there…nah, they were better off on CMR…i agree with the post saying it’d be more interesting if Mac or especially Slim was on Cash Money in ‘99 :whoo:…imagine if he was the 5th hot boy…or formed a spin off group with BG

NO-BadAzz

Superstar
Daps
turk talks alot of chit about stuff like this, but did he ever speak on when he was actually going to sign with no limit and he got himself & reginelli locked up when they were en route to meet up with c-murder??

i was going to do a whole ass thread on this.

Never heard about this story?

NO-BadAzz

Superstar
Daps
Don't think P would have put them as solo artists, I could see them being in a group together.

Beats By The Pound beats wouldn't have registered well with Turk in my opinion. I still today haven't heard them rap over a BBTP beat (I am not 100% sure about this)

Mannie production brought out the worse artist because of the bass guitar and Mannie strings, most of Turk's best verses came off production with 'strings' and bass guitars riffs.

BBTP wasn't really heavy on the same sounds that Mannie used which was (to me) made BBTP production a much more darker, heavy (in a sense) production which catered more on your gangsta rappers.

Slim was a better fit for KL than Mannie, Slim was a gangsta rapper who wasn't about "polish" I think of Mannie production more so "polish" than BBTB production. More of a scrappy, edgy sounds, dark at times.

But nah I don't think it would have worked for them on NL

NO-BadAzz

Superstar
Daps
They would’ve been lost in the mix if they were on No Limit in ‘98…The dynamic of being in a 4 man group was a best case scenario for Turk, and he had trouble standing out from the rest of the Hot Boys…Wayne wouldn’t have gotten the same push either, not over the Miller Boys and Mystikal…the former because of nepotism and the latter because he was just that guy back then…on some rapping shyt prime Mystikal, Mac and Fiend were there…nah, they were better off on CMR…i agree with the post saying it’d be more interesting if Mac or especially Slim was on Cash Money in ‘99 :whoo:…imagine if he was the 5th hot boy…or formed a spin off group with BG

Slim would have been bigger than the group...IMO, he was a one band man at in 99, I can't imagine him being in a group, but who knows.

I also can't see slim on any Mannie production, that's just my, but I can be wrong.

Not a question for you, but can you see Wayne rapping over I'm bout it, Hoody Hoo, Down 4 My nikkas or something like Gangsta 4 a Heaven? what about Turk?

I can see maybe Slim rapping over Bling Bling and making it make sense. Maybe some cuts from off the 400 degrees album but I don't think it would have hit like that....that's just me.

Very interesting question though

letti cook

Superstar
Daps
Don't think P would have put them as solo artists, I could see them being in a group together.

Beats By The Pound beats wouldn't have registered well with Turk in my opinion. I still today haven't heard them rap over a BBTP beat (I am not 100% sure about this)

Mannie production brought out the worse artist because of the bass guitar and Mannie strings, most of Turk's best verses came off production with 'strings' and bass guitars riffs.

BBTP wasn't really heavy on the same sounds that Mannie used which was (to me) made BBTP production a much more darker, heavy (in a sense) production which catered more on your gangsta rappers.

Slim was a better fit for KL than Mannie, Slim was a gangsta rapper who wasn't about "polish" I think of Mannie production more so "polish" than BBTB production. More of a scrappy, edgy sounds, dark at times.

Turk over a KLC joint

only Wayne over KLC is his Down 4 My nikkas freestyle

AlbertPullhoez

The Takeover
Daps
Reppin
Deuce Dime, TX

Slim would've been nice on them beats and sounds that Fresh was giving UNLV and Juve. I can easily hear Slim on those tracks from Uptown 4 Life or Solja Rags

Slim came from the same gangsta bounce background like UNLV and Juve did. I think would've meshed perfectly