If you had to award the Best Rapper Turned Actor Performance.... who wins?

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Will Smith, Queen Latifa, etc... I dont think they even count anymore. They been acting way longer than they ever rapped.

Mark Wahlberg was a "rapper" too at one point, do you see him as such? :usure:
Once again, Will Smith is an actor who happened to rap back in the day :unimpressed:

You must be a young one. :russ:

Will Smith rapped for over a decade and had a run as arguably the biggest crossover rapper in the world at one point. Grammy in 1989, Grammy in 1992, Grammy in 1998, Grammy in 1999, his solo album went 9x platinum in 1997. That's over a decade on the charts. Even when he was acting they were always playing up the rap side of shyt back then. Fresh Prince was him rapping out the intro. Men in Black was him rapping out the theme. Wild Wild West was him rapping out the theme. And EVERYONE knew those themes.

I'd say until he did Ali in 2001 everyone still thought of him as a rapper who acted more than an actor who rapped.

And you compared him to Marky Mark. :mjlol:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Nah breh.

Will Smith is the reason why that Dikky show Dave got me so tight.

Will was a rapper. The first to get a grammy too iirc.

He just saw that Hollywood gives more money than rapping, so he shifted.

Which I bet is what the vulture plans on doing.
Goddamn I wish you hadn't brought that dikky idiot up.

I actually think dikky is kind of the opposite of Will. Will was a successful rapper but wasn't making a ton of money cause of the industry back then and saw there could be a lot more success in Hollywood. Dikky was a struggling actor who started rapping just cause he knew it was easy for white rappers to get attention and he could then parlay that attention into hollywood writing/acting gigs. He's literally admitted that himself in interviews although he still tries the bullshyt claim that being white is a handicap rather than the only fukking reason anyone paid him any attention.

Daps
3NQZwQ.gif