I’m gona keep it 100

Ahadi

Veteran
Daps
It’s hard being black and trying to advertising or talk about whatever you do and ppl not taking you seriously for it. The shyt is fukking frustrating. It’s almost like whatever you’re talking about isn’t believable or you’re a scam. It’s fukking bullshyt.

It’s just proving yourself as a black man all the time is exhausting

Last edited:

Wildin

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
or talk about whatever you do

Stop talking, let your work or hobby or whatever show for itself.

Its hard but that's how you get ahead. I remember about 5-6 years ago I was grinding (like we always are) just working my trade.

My facility got some award from the state. I got interviewed on the news and in the paper.

After that I was pretty much shining. Even the same people (friends, coworkers at my second job, former classmates and associates and what not) were like ":ohhh: you making moves!!"

One of my old best friends who dropped out in 9th grade saw me sad was like "Man I always knew you'd be a doctor or professor or some shyt. You were always about it."

I told him "we lived down the block from each other, we came from the same place, the grind is the same, I don't know where our paths veered off but I ain't nobody special" the context of that entire convo is another thread but long story short, we gotta stop fronting, putting on, showcasing, etc and just let our work and talent do the talking.

The Fade

I don’t argue with niqqas on the Internet anymore
Daps
It be your own people too

Yep :snoop:

I’m actually a decent salesmen across the board. But it be some of our own people who start acting like New York Frugal Hebrews only when they enter black establishments. Getting mad at other nikkas for trying to keep the lights on when they themselves have a reputation for charging too much

But Indians are worse.. they haggle EVERYTHING

Daps
I feel you, breh. Sadly, much of the skepticism comes from our own people. We’ve been so conditioned to think we will amount to nothing that a brother or sister who seems to be about their entrepreneurial shyt is automatically looked upon with suspicion and envy. :mjgrin:

BlackDiBiase

Superstar
Daps
I feel you, breh. Sadly, much of the skepticism comes from our own people. We’ve been so conditioned to think we will amount to nothing that a brother or sister who seems to be about their entrepreneurial shyt is automatically looked upon with suspicion and envy. :mjgrin:

starts at birth. 10min25sec+. :wow:

forward to 13min. if you havent got time but it cosigns your statement.

Daps
You could have an actual business and products/services you’ve sold, yet your own friends will hit you with

giphy.gif

when you talk about the moves you’re making.

Music Fiend

Superstar
Daps
As a black man in advertising, I feel like most people aren't taken seriously if their product isnt advertised in a way that looks official.

It's something i see A LOT in our community. I know we are capable and extremely smart, creative and talented. We gotta start reaching out to other black creatives to help advertise and brand yourself.

BlackDiBiase

Superstar
Daps
As a black man in advertising.

I feel like most people aren't taken seriously if their product isnt advertised in a way that looks official.

It's something i see A LOT in our community. I know we are capable and extremely smart, creative and talented. We gotta start reaching out to others to help advertise and help you brand yourself.

you are spot on everything is about presentation and packaging is more important than ever.

whether black or not, one time black images were used to sell premium goods to white people like uncle bens and etc. because it was the top standard.

now 2019, black businesses need to spend more on presentation to ourselves.

example. the real mccoy. (look up the origin of that phrase you'll be very impressed)

fe7ab706-fdc3-4cef-aa18-a09e205b8da0.jpg

Last edited: